The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   An excuse to buy more fly rods (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/323090-excuse-buy-more-fly-rods.html)

enolaeagle 06-23-2013 08:38 PM

An excuse to buy more fly rods

My wife mentioned that I should take my daughter fishing with me. After an evening at the Allenberry section of the Yellow Breeches, I saw some of the classes going on and looked like good stuff... A few years ago, my wife and I went to the Allenberry Playhouse to see a musical which was a pretty neat experience so even though I live less than 30 minutes away, I think I'm gonna buy 2 flyrods (for the daughter and wifey), purchase one of the Musical, Dinner, Room packages and do some fishing/lessons to make a weekend out of it.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out how much this post is costing me...:banghead:

siege 06-23-2013 08:53 PM

Re: An excuse to buy more fly rods

Spending some time with your daughter, flyfishing ?
PRICELESS !
:)

enolaeagle 06-23-2013 09:00 PM

There's only 2 problems...

She's a teenager and she hates bugs...

How do I pull this off?:eek:

siege 06-23-2013 09:18 PM

Sounds like you need to find a teenage boy who wants to go along and learn to fly fish ! Better add the cost of some pizzas to this little project.:(

attila 06-23-2013 09:36 PM

Money well spent. :thumbup:

jaybo41 06-23-2013 09:41 PM

Fortunately with fly fishing she only needs to look at pictures of bugs so she knows which fly to tie on. Better yet, she'll have Dad with her to do that :D

The memories you'll create together will far outweigh the cost of outfitting the wife and daughter.

kicker19 06-24-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enolaeagle (Post 566532)
There's only 2 problems...

She's a teenager and she hates bugs...

How do I pull this off?:eek:

maybe you could teach her to tie a "cute" looking fly. baby steps !

rickf 06-24-2013 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enolaeagle (Post 566524)
After an evening at the Allenberry section of the Yellow Breeches,

eagle,

Small world! I fly fish that water all the time.

Especially in the fall, that place is Nirvana!

dhaynes 06-24-2013 05:55 AM

Great idea for a weekend... My wife and I fished the Breeches last Saturday though we fished above Allenbury in the late afternoon and over near Mt. Holly Springs earlier. Saturday saw a lot of fishers in the Allenbury section but the area off Pine Road was empty!

We're close enough for a day trip but we try to do the full Allenbury thing at least once during the Spring or Summer. For learning, there are a number of good guides in the area... Tom Baltz from Mount Holly Springs and Mike Heck from Chambersburg (and there are others). Contact info for both is on the Orvis web-site...or PM me and I can give you contact info....

The Boiling Springs Tavern is a good alternative for dinner or lunch!

troutnut4 06-24-2013 06:13 AM

Family is number one and that sounds like a great plan you have there. Quality time and you get to do what you like as well. If you are just looking for an excuse to buy a couple more rods (and reels), well.....:rolleyes: