The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2008, 10:57 PM

caynedawg is on a distinguished road
Default Help me choose a trip

My Dad and I are trying to get a trip together for late March. We live in Kansas and have made several trips to the little red, the white, the gunnison and several other streams in the surrounding states, but have all been other times of the year than early spring. This will probably be the last time we get to take a fishing trip together for quite a while so I was just looking for some input on some new places to try that could be productive for March. Would really appreciate any help I could get guys, thanks.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help me choose a trip

I'm thinking some place warm, how about the Florida Keys.
Give these folks a try, great guides. Ofishalyhooked.com - Charter Fishing Florida Keys They will work their butts off for you.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/

Old 02-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Fish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Fish Bones

The San Juan River...

"The Best Rainbow Water in the United States" according to Trout Unlimited's book "America's 100 Best Trout Streams". An amazing river with an estimated 20,000 fish per square mile.

Check out Aztec Anglers at San Juan River Fly Fishing

Old 02-03-2008, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi caynedawg,

I second the trip to San Juan in March. It won't be too bad of a trip from Kansas. Aztec Anglers has pretty good rates for two. There won't be many people fishing that time of the year except for some locals. You can have some beautiful weather and you can have some miserable weather. If it is a DIY trip you would be wise to hire Aztec for at least a day or two. You will catch some fish and get the lay of the land.

Frank
Old 02-03-2008, 12:25 PM

caynedawg is on a distinguished road

Really appreciate the replies guys. I have heard of the san juan and always been interested. It is definitely an option. I am not for sure how much time we will have, do you have any other ideas for anything possibly a little closer?
Thanks again