The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fredaevans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 11:03 AM

enolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really nice
Default Aleka Sports

I wanted to hear some opinions/experiences with their equipment. Seems like a nice product but there's always the marketing hype.
Is this product really made in England or subbed out to China? I noticed that their distribution plant is in West Chester, which is not far from where I live.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 06-29-2013, 01:07 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aleka Sports

Todd, I'd bet China or Tiwawn. If the equipment is 'inexpensive' doubtful its made on our Fair Shores.

Fred
enolaeagle likes this.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:21 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

There is a federal law that requires place of origin to be indicated on some imported manufactured items sold in the US. It covers most sporting goods I believe. So, if they say it's made in England, then chances are it is. However, in some cases, parts used can be manufactured in other countries, without that being disclosed. Has to do with % of the total value or something along that line. So, it's possible the gear those folks sell is made/assembled where they say, but that doesn't mean all the parts used are made there.

It's like a fly tied in the USA on a Japanese made hook, with some materials from various other countries is still a domestically made fly.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...-into-the-u.s.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 07-02-2013, 10:59 PM

enolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really nice

One thing that I noticed about their rods is that they don't have snake guides which is what I'm used to seeing but never really kept up with new designs... Does that matter from a casting/performance/accuracy angle?

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...