The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Auntie Em
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By streamborn_jr77

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 08:33 AM

streamborn_jr77 is on a distinguished road
Default Hurt!

bad news i split my finger wide open and fractured it too today.. With only a lil over a 2 weeks before i get home! Im pretty upset because it is my casting hand!
bad luck! i can cast pretty descent with my other arm but i tend to set the hook like a bass pro with it so im hopeful but its not gonna stop me from hitting the water!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

sorry for the typing its kinda difficult lol
Old 07-04-2013, 08:59 AM

Auntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to allAuntie Em is a name known to all
Default Re: Hurt!

Ummmm ... cast with the other hand??

Really ... do take care, let it heal, and come home safe and sound (OK ... albeit a split and fractured finger, but, you know what I mean!!).

Just so's you know I DO sympathize with you on this. A month ago I was putting in support for a rose trellis, and whacked my hand with a hammer. Managed to crack a chunk of knuckle off the index finger (where it joins the hand). You've never seen bruising like this, or swelling, it was totally kewl!! Kept going with the fly tying, fishing, and everything else an old woman has to do ... and finally yesterday, under great duress, had the stupid thing x-rayed. Yep, it's healing. I coulda told him that!! Learned some new words in the process.
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Noah: Sorry to hear the bad news, hopefully you will be able to cast once you get home.
jaybo41 likes this.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:51 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your injury, hopefully within the 2 weeks you're well on your way to healing. If not, this would be a great opportunity to improve casting with your other arm. It's a good skill to have in your tool box and one that's often overlooked.

Get home safe and Happy 4th!
Old 07-04-2013, 11:40 AM

streamborn_jr77 is on a distinguished road

Thanks everybody!! ill keep ya posted on the healing progress wish me luck!
Hardyreels likes this.