The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 07:34 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Twice old friends in the past two weeks.

"HAMLET:
To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to, 'tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wish'd. To die, to sleep;
To sleep: perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub'

Few days ago my legs just gave out under me and I collapes in my "living room" (now there's a two word description I could do without) and I thought I might be number three. Folded out from under me like wet paper.

Learned I have to be very careful in the early day, afternoons some spring back in the step.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:47 PM

BigJim2x has a spectacular aura aboutBigJim2x has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Twice old friends in the past two weeks.

Hope it's not something chronic - you need those things to fill out the waders.

Good luck Fred!

Jim
Old 07-09-2013, 09:01 PM

siege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud of

Hey Fred !
Here is some unsolicited advice :
1. Sleep in.
2. Eat well.
3. See a doctor.
4. FER GOSH SAKES, FIND SOMETHING A BIT MORE
CHEERFUL TO READ THAN HAMLET !

Hang in there
George
rubberguy likes this.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:50 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Hear you G. But time just looking at photo albums, pictures takes you back to 'Good Days.' Have a picture in my bedroom of my son Greg at 12-13 with his first Steelhead. 18+ some pounds, fish is damned near as long as he is.

Guy vacationing from Hawaii took the picture and sent same to me.

Greg's first fish and I'd cast and 'bump.' Woozer, second cast and miss the damned thing.

''Greg, cast right there and count a quick three and set the hook."

I think he counted to two, but Game On.

Some pictures take you back to days that you wish were still 'days.' Men who were in their 70's when you were in your teens. Sit on a beach and show you their fly boxes.

Extraordinaire experiences.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:56 AM

troutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of light

If there be one life to live...live it well and to the fullest, not to be sorry, and put Hamlet back on the shelf. Wish you well.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:10 AM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

When I'm depressed I read Poe.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:14 AM

Thumbs down Re: Twice old friends in the past two weeks.

Time wise, up right behind you dashing for the bathroom. A glass of OJ just turned my guts inside out. Up-chucked the whole thing. God that hurts.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_guy12955 View Post
When I'm depressed I read Poe.
Indeed:

"A lonely man tries to ease his "sorrow for the lost Lenore," by distracting his mind with old books of "forgotten lore." He is interrupted while he is "nearly napping," by a "tapping on [his] chamber door."

As he opens up the door, he finds "darkness there and nothing more." Into the darkness he whispers, "Lenore," hoping his lost love had come back, but all that could be heard was "an echo [that] murmured back the word 'Lenore!'"

With a burning soul, the man returns to his chamber, and this time he can hear a tapping at the window lattice. As he "flung the shutter," "in stepped a stately Raven," the bird of ill-omen . The raven perched on the bust of Pallas, the goddess of wisdom in Greek mythology, above his chamber door.

The man asks the Raven for his name, and surprisingly it answers, and croaks

"Nevermore."

The man knows that the bird does not speak from wisdom, but has been taught by "some unhappy master," and that the word "nevermore" is its only "stock and store."

The man welcomes the raven, and is afraid that the raven will be gone in the morning, "as Hopes have flown before"; however, the raven answers,

"Nevermore."

The man smiled, and pulled up a chair, interested in what the raven "meant in croaking,
‘Nevermore.’"

The chair, where Lenore once sat, brought back painful memories. The man, who knows the irrational nature in the raven’s speech, still cannot help but ask the raven questions. Since the narrator is aware that the raven only knows one word, he can anticipate the bird's responses. "Is there balm in Gilead?"

"Nevermore."

Can Lenore be found in paradise? -

"Nevermore."

"Take thy form from off my door!" - "Nevermore." Finally the man concedes, realizing that to continue this dialogue would be pointless. And his "soul from out that shadow" that the raven throws on the floor, "Shall be lifted --

Nevermore!"
Old 07-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Fred, hope it's nothing serious...you should have a medical through though
Old 07-10-2013, 02:35 PM

troutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of lighttroutnut4 is a glorious beacon of light

I hope so too jb. Hamlet & Poe are a little downer by the sound of it. Put them back on the bookshelf, step outside in the fresh air and as Mother Maybelle & The Carter Family told us :"Keep On The Sunnyside Of Life"., or where I am ...