The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 08:57 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to allCutThroat Leaders is a name known to all
Default Video showing how to use a Furled Leader for Dry Fly Fishing.

We created this short Video a couple of weeks ago on some local water. We hope the video explains some of the benefits of furled leaders and tips on using them. Please share with fellow fly fishers...

We will be posting new vids of our leaders in action in the near future.

Furled Leaders Furled Leaders How To Video

Thank you,
fredaevans likes this.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 07-09-2013, 09:27 PM

siege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud of
Default Re: Video showing how to use a Furled Leader for Dry Fly Fishing.

Good video. It answers a lot of questions about a product many people may be unfamiliar with. Been wanting to try them, but had not taken the plunge, no pun intended. I will head out to my local river ( Henry's Fork of the Snake )with a furled leader next week and put it through its paces.You can look forward to an unbiased review later.
Your home waters look strangely similar to mine. Just the opposite end of the state !
Old 07-09-2013, 10:02 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Great video, thanks for posting it. Beautiful river too.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:59 AM

schiff has a spectacular aura aboutschiff has a spectacular aura about

I often see posts about these leaders, but I know nothing about them.
This video was extremely informative.
Quick question...I am not a fan of loop to loop connections of fly line to leader.
Is there an alternative connection method? Or should I just give that a try also? If I try one new idea, I guess I could try two, but would rather not use the loop to loop.

I am ready to order a couple of these leaders...thanks for the info!
Old 07-10-2013, 08:19 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Video showing how to use a Furled Leader for Dry Fly Fishing.

Use Furled Leaders on all of my light 2handers for Summer Run Steelhead fishing. They're the 'Bee's Knees' for laying out straight on the water at the end of a cast. As noted in the film clip, far better than a conventional leader with small flies.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:23 PM

flymoron is on a distinguished road

it works great i do it all the time
Old 07-11-2013, 07:06 PM

trout champ will become famous soon enough

Good video. I have been wanting to try the furled leaders for dries and this may have just pushed me over the edge. I also like the dry fly indicator leader. I fish a lot of small flies, trico hatch is my favorite, and could see this improving my hook up percentage. How have fish reacted to the bright orange leader tip? I have fished to trout smarter than Einstein...

Thanks
Randy
Old 07-11-2013, 08:03 PM

gannoli is on a distinguished road

What is the typical weight rating on these? Would you recommend using these for bass fishing? Especially around cover.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:10 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gannoli View Post
What is the typical weight rating on these? Would you recommend using these for bass fishing? Especially around cover.
Furl's are made up with a given rod line in mind: (just numbers here) 2-4, 5-7, etc. As for Bass around cover I'd take a total pass on using furls.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it .....
Old 07-12-2013, 11:09 AM

streamborn_jr77 is on a distinguished road

just bought two cutthroat leaders and loon paste lol