The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 09:59 AM

swimmy will become famous soon enough
Default Madison River Brown found between then lakes

I did a search but nothing came up. This fish was found dead last week between the lakes on the Upper Madison. If it had been caught, might have given chase to the current world record. There are some pigs that move up out of Quake but I've never seen anything this big.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:31 AM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Madison River Brown found between then lakes

Shame some fisher-person didn't catch it. WOW.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:35 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that would have put a big smile on someone's face had they had the opportunity to land it.

Old 07-12-2013, 10:45 AM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

Ha, looked at the picture before I read that it was found dead. Was about to say "what did you do to the damned thing, fight it down a waterfall?"
Old 07-12-2013, 10:57 AM

long bow will become famous soon enough

Holy cow! I thought Bob Jacklin's brown was the king of the river
Old 07-12-2013, 12:09 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

They found a ( would be )world record brown dead floating at a dock at Lake Taneycomo in MO several years ago...it was pushing 50 pounds.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 07-12-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
They found a ( would be )world record brown dead floating at a dock at Lake Taneycomo in MO several years ago...it was pushing 50 pounds.
Wow.

This fish was certainly not 50 lbs. I want to say they estimated it at 38" 41 lbs. Still impressive to say the least.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:19 PM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmy View Post
Wow.

This fish was certainly not 50 lbs. I want to say they estimated it at 38" 41 lbs. Still impressive to say the least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01NHcTM5IA4
Old 07-12-2013, 07:47 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

Thanks for the picture. You don't get to see hog like him very often, dead or alive. That fish may well have been caught. Many times...... and lived to tell the tale. A bad boy like that could keep a fly shop busy for years !
P.S. please tell your fishing partner that those are some awesome sunglasses
double d likes this.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege View Post
Thanks for the picture. You don't get to see hog like him very often, dead or alive. That fish may well have been caught. Many times...... and lived to tell the tale. A bad boy like that could keep a fly shop busy for years !
P.S. please tell your fishing partner that those are some awesome sunglasses
Oh that isn't me in the photo. This photo came from a friend who got it from a friend. I just thought I'd share. But I'd do agree, I love the glasses.

And you are right, I'm sure that fish has been caught once or twice.
double d likes this.