The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 11:46 AM

pv7804 is on a distinguished road
Default Scott Original G-Series Rod or Not

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum as well as fly fishing. So here it is, I did as much research as I could on all types of rod (bamboo, fiberglass, graphite). And unfortunely all the bamboo rods I wanted fell out of my price range. So I looked into fiberglass/graphite rods. I decided I wanted something like an Orive "Far & Fine" or a Scott original G series rod. Well I supposedly found one on ebay this past weekend, however I couldn't find much information on exactly what the Scott blank rods looked like. I won the auction and now I'm a little concerned as to whether the rod is really a Scott original g series.

Can anyone confirm? I'd appreciate it very much!

I can't attach pics yet so I put the link.

Scott Power Ply Rod Original San Fran Custom Fly Rod G Series G803 2 | eBay

Thanks,
Pete
Old 07-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scott Original G-Series Rod or Not

to the forum...from what I can see on the pics it looks like a Scott G blank you should get some other opinion soon
Old 07-15-2013, 12:44 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Scott Original G-Series Rod or Not

First welcome to the Board. Looked at the 'Bay add and in my opinion you just got your self a hell of a great deal! Line that Puppy up and go play!

Fred
Old 07-15-2013, 05:08 PM

russellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to all

Welcome! And well done! Looks like a great rod, I'll be in Colorado Thursday and I would be happy to test it out for you.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:21 PM

pv7804 is on a distinguished road

Guys,

Thanks for welcoming me to the board and for everyone's opinion and comments!

Now I need to find a 3wt reel for the rod, any suggestions?

Thanks Again!
Old 07-15-2013, 05:34 PM

medic77 will become famous soon enough

Love my Abel Creek reel and good ol Rio gold line. Simple and is puuuurty
Old 07-15-2013, 11:31 PM

rubberguy is a jewel in the roughrubberguy is a jewel in the roughrubberguy is a jewel in the rough

congrats on the new rod. you'll love it ! I had a G series 9ft 5wt I bought in 1987. traded it off last year for a brand new spey rod. the best single handed rod I ever owned. enjoy
Old 07-17-2013, 03:58 PM

ZachMatthews will become famous soon enoughZachMatthews will become famous soon enough

I'd suggest a vintage Pflueger Medalist. Great reel that you can pick up cheap and which looks amazing on a classic rod like an old Scott G.

Zach