The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By chauncey
  • 2 Post By siege
  • 1 Post By chauncey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 01:11 PM

chauncey will become famous soon enoughchauncey will become famous soon enough
Default father-in-laws first trout

And he pulls out this beauty

Click the image to open in full size.

just below the dillon dam in silverthorne. He actually got 4 or 5 more like this in just a few hours of fishing.
baseman1 likes this.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:06 AM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future
Default Re: father-in-laws first trout

Of course he did. The man was ready ! He had his fishing shirt, some cool sunglasses, and a good teacher. It's nice that you have a shared interest like fishing.

The only problem now is, every time you take him out, he'll expect it to be like that .

Good luck with that !
williamhj and yonder like this.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:09 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

Hot dayum! That's one heck of a first trout! My first trout was about 5 inches long
Old 07-18-2013, 08:22 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely a nice first trout, nice 10th trout!
Old 07-18-2013, 09:13 AM

chauncey will become famous soon enoughchauncey will become famous soon enough

we actually went up boulder canyon just before they left and threw chubby chernobyls for a bit and were getting tons of hits and he said that was just as fun as hooking the one above.

He and and his son bass fish all the time and pull out some pretty big fish (last one he sent me a pic of was just shy of 11lbs) but to see his eyes light up when he hooked this guy on my 9ft 4wt was pretty awesome.

my family will be in town this weekend so I am hoping to get my dad and brother up there as well.

oh and this was on a #20 chocolate WD40
williamhj likes this.