The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 01:19 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ever had a really bad idea? Like grow a beard?

In bathroom brushing my teeth and looked in the mirror. Face looked like a thousand miles of bad road. Time to knock off 5 days of face fuzz.

So much for looking like 'Old Man on the River.'
Old 07-19-2013, 01:32 PM

kicker19 will become famous soon enoughkicker19 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Ever had a really bad idea? Like grow a beard?

even though beards attract everything (dirt, lint, toothpaste, food, etc etc) there is no shame in having one, it adds character !!
Old 07-19-2013, 01:56 PM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light

what's wrong with having a beard?

Click the image to open in full size.

baseman1 likes this.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:34 PM

swimmy will become famous soon enough

Actually wish I could grow one, especially during the Winter. I get some whiskers on my chin and mustache but that's about it.

But on the flip side, I don't have to spend a lot of money shaving accessories.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:00 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I hate to shave...so I do it about every 3-4 days, so its always knocking off a thin beard, minus the gotee, that part stays. However, wintertime is offical beard time. November to march sometimes April is beard season. I dont care what the wife says :P

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 07-19-2013, 03:15 PM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

Ladies love a nice beard, and especially a nice mustache. Back in the day, nothing said "distinguished" like some facial hair.

Exhibits 1-4:

Old 07-19-2013, 03:57 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

I grow a beard 10 months of the year. July and August I have it shaved off but the rest of the year I let her fly. My wife has gotten used to it now and complains less and less.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 07-19-2013, 04:24 PM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light

I have been married for almost three years, and have known my wife for about 6. I don't think she has ever seen me clean shaven. She will not allow it. I do not complain one bit, I hate shaving.
Old 07-19-2013, 04:35 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

I grew one while moving to Colorado, actually grew in in Wisconsin My wife likes it and I love not shaving everyday. Many benefits to a beard. That said, I've got some friends who shouldn't grow one, just doesn't come in right.
Old 07-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

The whiskers grow whether I want them or not. Almost every picture of me has the 'you need a shave look'. Every winter when I come home from the cabin I have a task cutting the gray fur from my face. I would be happy if my face went bald rather than my scull................

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;