The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree107Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2013, 03:33 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of
Default Abel Hemostats

Abel Reels has developed a new hemostat that is engineered to last a lifetime. It has a locking device on it, but can be used without it. This is not an option with most hemostats, which lock automatically when you tighten them.

These things feel bomb proof, look pretty cool, and are available in fish graphics as well. They are built with aircraft aluminum and stainless steel. I got to play with a pair the other day at the Abel factory, and I'm sure these will be a hit just like their nippers.

These were just shown publicly for the first time at iCAST in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago.

Check these out:

Abel Reels - Future Projects

-VB
Old 07-21-2013, 03:53 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abel Hemostats

Oooo, Oooo, I know a sales pitch...

..... because the ones used for open heart surgery just ain't good enough.

Old 07-21-2013, 03:57 PM

rockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of lightrockriver is a glorious beacon of light

Looks like a pair of glorified needle nose pliers.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:02 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

This thread has the same potential as the Nippers thread.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:24 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
This thread has the same potential as the Nippers thread.
Jaybo, did I wade into the deep end with this? I don't work for them, and I'm not a salesman. I just like their stuff, and I think it's a pretty cool design. I wasn't aware of any controversy surrounding Abel. Their nippers are their most successful product to date. What am I missing?

-VB
Old 07-21-2013, 04:29 PM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post
Oooo, Oooo, I know a sales pitch...

..... because the ones used for open heart surgery just ain't good enough.

Are the open heart surgery type better that the stainless ones I picked up in and Army/Navy surplus store 30 years ago?
Old 07-21-2013, 04:30 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

ahhhhhh...
the nippers thread, will never forget that one
albeit, dead in the middle of winter.

casey

ARFE
Old 07-21-2013, 04:49 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

I hope they make them in red so I can accessorize

Click the image to open in full size.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 07-21-2013, 05:06 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
I hope they make them in red so I can accessorize
Get one in blue and paint your tiefast tool white. You're set for the 4th every year
Old 07-21-2013, 05:16 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
Get one in blue and paint your tiefast tool white. You're set for the 4th every year
Now you are talking !!!!!!! That sounds like a plan

"Snap it" Hank Patterson