The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Renting Fly Gear (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/325986-renting-fly-gear.html)

kylebass91 07-23-2013 10:56 AM

Renting Fly Gear

Just coming home from the desert I'm kinda in a dilemma. While I have waders boots and flies at my home in NM all of my rods and reels I left with my parents in California. So my question is there anywhere that rents just a fly rod and reel for a decent price? Everywhere I've seen online is $25-$40 a day, hell for a weekend I could buy a cheapo little setup, but I don't want to do that. Thanks for the help everyone and I'll be fishing in the states soon!

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 AM ----------

Also I don't want to buy one since I'll be heading to Cali a few weeks after going home and have a whole setup I've bought and never even touched it yet.

brookfieldangler 07-23-2013 11:02 AM

Re: Renting Fly Gear

Im sure that you would have little problems finding a local member with an extra rod or two if you don't mind the company

mbchilton 07-23-2013 11:26 AM

TCO Fly Shop does week long rentals.

Fly Fishing Rental Shop by TCO

mikel 07-23-2013 11:54 AM

could your folks UPS you a setup?

kylebass91 07-23-2013 10:39 PM

Well one of the issues is I'm homeless when I get back to America so I don't have an address to give my parents to send anything. I'm thinking I may just have to wait 2-4 weeks and pick it up from my folks place

aggieoutlaw 07-23-2013 11:36 PM

Where are you going fishing?

MoscaPescador 07-23-2013 11:44 PM

Look up USPS general delivery.

kylebass91 07-23-2013 11:55 PM

I live in NM so anywhere there. Pecos, Cimmarron San Jaun. Anywhere in there

aggieoutlaw 07-24-2013 12:05 AM

Well most of the Pecos access is closed due to the fire. If you wanted to fish sometime before you get your rod back, I'd let you borrow one. I'm in ABQ. PM if interested.

trout trekker 07-24-2013 09:14 AM

I would think that any reputable fly shop along your route would be willing to take in a C/O UPS package for you. I know we did it for several CA bound anglers when I had the shop.
It’s pretty simple to set up. Just call a few shops along your route, explain your situation to the Owner or Manager and ask them if they will accept and secure the package(s) for you.

Give them your expected arrival date at their store, your name and addy as it appears on your I.D, and ask that they confirm the same when you pick it up. Then have your folks forward the package - insured.

Returning Vet ? - I’ll bet the shops will fall all over themselves to help you out on this one.

TT

Example

TO: Kyle Bass
C/O Rizuto’s Fly Shop
XXX Navajo Dam Road
Aztec, NM