The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 05:09 PM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold
Default I LOVE Wyoming!

Recently I traded some private carp fishing for a secluded trout fishing adventure in Wyoming. After hiking around a mountain for several hours, we arrived at the pearly gates of trout heaven. This is the Encampment river in the South-Central Wyoming mountains. Almost every single fish was caught on a big bushy dry or a foam hopper. Let's just say that the Kabuto 805 and Scott F2 653 got a heck of a workout. I took a GoPro along and did get some footage, but due to a technical error, I lost all of the video...sorry. I'll let the pictures tell the story.

On the way there we stopped and fished several crystal clear beaver ponds and small streams for ferocious brookies.

Look at that hatch!
Click the image to open in full size.

While fishing for brookies, a UFO tried to abduct us. I suspect a search and rescue mission was going on.

After our brook trout fix, we headed west.

After much hiking, we rived at the pearly gates of trout land.

This is undoubtedly gods country.

What is that in the bushes?

The hike in was worth it, we managed to slay trout on big dries all day!

I LOVE WYOMING! (but hate the 20 picture limit!)

-Chase
Old 07-23-2013, 07:00 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I LOVE Wyoming!

Chase: Great trip report, that sure looks like trout heaven! Congrats on a great trip and some beautiful trout.

You can always do a part II and add more photos! We would love to see them.

Larry

Old 07-23-2013, 07:33 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

Awesome pictures, upload all the pics to an album in photobucket then link it here, I'd gladly look at em all.
mcnerney likes this.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 07-23-2013, 08:01 PM

chased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to beholdchased is a splendid one to behold

Due to popular demand, I have decided to link my photo bucket. My picture's aren't organized very well, but there are a lot of fishing pictures! There is everything from turtles and blue heron to brook trout and carp.

ChaseHarmon's Library | Photobucket

-Chase
mcnerney likes this.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:31 PM

diamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to alldiamond rush is a name known to all

That is amazing. I am incredibly jealous.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chased View Post
Due to popular demand, I have decided to link my photo bucket. My picture's aren't organized very well, but there are a lot of fishing pictures! There is everything from turtles and blue heron to brook trout and carp.

ChaseHarmon's Library | Photobucket

-Chase
Chase: Thanks for sharing the extra photos, those were some awesome looking browns you guys hooked into. Did you spend any time working on the lakes?

Larry

Old 07-23-2013, 10:25 PM

Larry, we fished a few beaver ponds on the way to the Encampment river for brook trouts. Other than that there was no lake action. I was told one of them has some gigantic, dry fly eating, Splake. That sounded like fun!
Old 07-24-2013, 01:59 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

What a great report! Your pictures are beautiful,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-24-2013, 07:40 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

photos are awesome dude!! You caught some nice fish. I like the picture of the great blue heron swimming...those things are so goofy.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 07-24-2013, 09:34 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

Very nice, ya'll are welcome at my fire anytime.