The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 08:36 PM

romanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: SALE !!! 2days (7.25-7.26) REDINGTON CT rods and few other things

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_geoff View Post
My buddy has the 6wt, we found back in the rod bin at the shop. Its pretty beastly actually. Its his go to warmwater rod. He throws size 4 and 2 dalhberg divers with it no problem at all. You have to work alittle to get it to throw stuff after it starts to get heavy with water but other then that, you wont be disappointed.

I am pretty pleased with my 5wt CT, I haven't used it too much but it seems nice.
thanks, for now ill just wait for my 4wt to arrive , which will join my other CT 3wt at home.
i might look at other brands when time comes to buy a 6wt or 7wt,
right now im looking at 8wt's
Old 07-26-2013, 09:55 PM

nc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the rough

Pulled the trigger on a 906-4 at 6am this morning. Couldn't really afford it, but at the price, I had to do it. It will replace a Cabela's Three Forks and a SA 5/6.
When I told my wife that it would take a little longer to pay off the credit card, she just smiled and said that I needed at least one good fly rod. What a woman!
Mike
shortyb and yonder like this.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:22 PM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light

Well, I joined "The Clymb". In today's sale I can book an 8 day surfing and Yoga trip in Costa Rica for $2K. Seriously? Surfing and yoga?
To quote the Gunny: " Are you shatting me Pyle? Get off my obstacle!"