The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 11:31 AM

romanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of light
Default SALE !!! 2days (7.25-7.26) REDINGTON CT rods and few other things

hey guys, i know most of you are familiar with THECLYMB.com (if not, you should be)
we all saw that they once again had REDINGTON CT rods up few days ago at $89.98 (in the past they had it for $64.98 GREAT price) so this time around i didnt buy any at $90 because like most of you i figured they wont sell and will be back on at cheaper $65.

well today and tomorrow (2 day summer sale) THECLYMB has a promo code that gives you 25% off your purchase , code: SUMMERSALE
and those REDINGTON CT rods are still available, they are not out in the open, but you have to look under top menu> MORE> FISHING, and you'll see them there for $90, but apply the code and your rod will TOTAL $ 67.49 (only $3 more then it was when i got my last 3wt back in October)

$67.49 + $7.98 S&H TOTAL= $75.46 ( i just picked up 864-4 since i really love my 763-4) i only wish they had 2wt's

o what they have now are:
863-4
864-4
865-4
905-4
906-4 (im debating if i should get this 6wt as well, anyone has it? how do you like it?)

so if you wanted to pick up a cheap CT now's the time,
Old 07-25-2013, 12:59 PM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: SALE !!! 2days (7.25-7.26) REDINGTON CT rods and few other things

Ordered two 863-4 for my two grandchildren who fly fish with me - $142.95 w/shipping.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:44 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

The clymb is by invite only. Feel free to use this link to join.

Last edited by mcnerney; 07-25-2013 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Removed the URL
Old 07-25-2013, 03:51 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
The clymb is by invite only. Feel free to use this link to join.
The clymb IS NOT by invite only. Anyone can sign up.

Blatant solicitation is not allowed on this forum, particularly in that you gain a benefit from those you use your link to sign up and purchase from the website.
BigJim2x likes this.

Addicted To Vise
Old 07-25-2013, 06:37 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by plecain View Post
Ordered two 863-4 for my two grandchildren who fly fish with me - $142.95 w/shipping.
a gift that will last forever. I know some guys like the shorter 3wts in that rod, but I like both the 3 and 5 wts at 8'6". Both just feel great throwing dries and little bugs. I'm a little old, but if you need another grandkid, let me know

Don't panic trying to find super light reels for them. Think you'll find the rods a little tip heavy...-m
Old 07-25-2013, 07:26 PM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
Don't panic trying to find super light reels for them. Think you'll find the rods a little tip heavy...-m
You're right. I have the 9' 4wt. It doesn't really need a super-lightweight reel.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:32 PM

itchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to beholditchmesir is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by s fontinalis View Post
The clymb IS NOT by invite only. Anyone can sign up.

Blatant solicitation is not allowed on this forum, particularly in that you gain a benefit from those you use your link to sign up and purchase from the website.
Simmer down. I sincerely thought the clymb was invite only. Forgive me.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:42 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

Thanks for the heads up, ordered a boat net with a clear bag for the drift boat and a 9' 5wt to hold my over until my 8'6" 5wt is back from repair. Total was a smidge over one hundred. wow!

I thought the classic trout was a great deal at retail, the sale prices are just silliy.

Steelheader's Anonymous.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:58 PM

romanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of lightromanl is a glorious beacon of light

yea CT is a great little rod,
i just wish i had ordered a 2wt as well back in october when i got my 763-4
but it was my fist CT rod (and 2nd overall) and i wasnt sure how i'd like it, now i know,
so i have 864-4 on the way (well as soon as it ships )
Old 07-25-2013, 08:04 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

My buddy has the 6wt, we found back in the rod bin at the shop. Its pretty beastly actually. Its his go to warmwater rod. He throws size 4 and 2 dalhberg divers with it no problem at all. You have to work alittle to get it to throw stuff after it starts to get heavy with water but other then that, you wont be disappointed.

I am pretty pleased with my 5wt CT, I haven't used it too much but it seems nice.

Storm Drain Bonefisher