The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Need a new New River or other,,fishing pard (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/326261-need-new-new-river-other-fishing-pard.html)

fly_guy12955 07-26-2013 03:34 AM

Need a new New River or other,,fishing pard

My fishing bud, my nephew passed away and I'm looking to make a new friend to fish New River...or any water with a fish in it,,in the Giles, Bland, Wythe County areas of Southwest Virginia. I'm not a pro but I love to fish,,am quite an agreeable fella and not competitive against my fishing pard and will not pout if you beat my butt on a days fishing. I love being out there too much to begrudge your success.

I own a kayak and a Bass Raider, but I do not own a full size river boat. I can however, provide more than a good share of the expense of fuel and other necessary cost.

If you wanna fish New River or a local stream I'm ready to go about anytime you want to.

I'm very hesitant to fish the New alone,,being the dangerous river it is. I really respect that river. You might know some areas I don't and I might be able to tell you of somewhere you have yet to try. And I know a lot of the streams in this area really well. We'd have fun regardless. I sometimes, just like to share the fishing with a pard. And of course I can travel some,,,so don't restrict the possibilities to the three counties I mentioned,,those are my 'short time to get to' areas.

PM me or email me at marshal_deadwood@yahoo.com if you might be interested.

Thank you

Mike

littledavid123 07-26-2013 06:55 AM

Re: Need a new New River or other,,fishing pard

Sorry for your loss Mike, will keep this on the front page for a few days to make sure everyone in your area has a chance to see it.

Dave

fly_guy12955 07-26-2013 07:06 AM

Thank you , Dave, it's much appreciated.

swhite1989 07-26-2013 07:40 AM

Sorry to hear Mike.
I lived and fished the area very extensively up until last year, when I moved out to Franklin Co.
I would be more than happy to meet up and fish with you. I have a couple kayaks, and would be willing to meet you up there one weekend. Just let me know!

fly_guy12955 07-26-2013 02:09 PM

Mr White, I'd love to do a day of kayak fishing on the river. What say ye about a day in September ? That'll give the river time to be less full than it is right now and maybe the Small-mouth will be biting great.

If ya'll pm me, we'll exchange phone numbers and talk about this ?

Thank you very much

Mike

caseywise 07-26-2013 02:22 PM

sorry for your loss mike.....
if i lived in your neck of the woods, i would love to share
a day on the water.
looks like you're gettin some good feedback though;)

casey

fly_guy12955 07-26-2013 04:19 PM

Would love to fish with ya Casey. This county I live in has to be a strange place. I do not know of another person that fly fishes..well,,,not in a serious way... since my nephew passed. I fish a lot alone and that's fine,,but just not all the time. I don't have anyone to 'flip a coin' with for the coffee now :)

I do catfish a tad with the other nephew and his son,,with spinning gear ,,mostly night fishing. That's about the only kinda other fishing I do besides fly fish.