The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 09:23 AM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 4 weeks and still no Helios!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
I love Bob Dylan and your effort in adaptation of his lyric. I also love a good bottle of Scottish whiskey and consider it a fundamental component, almost a tackle item, on any extended fishing trip. I do not particularly like Helios 1's breakage rate nor that it is taking this long, during fishing season to get it back. Having said that; there have been many very fine rods that are fragile. It is hard to be a super light, small diameter, thin walled rod and not require special care in handling. Yet another good reason to own multiple fly rods...and Bob Dylan records.
During fishing season is when it will take the longest. Not too many rods snapping in January in most places.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:32 AM

vitesse304 has a spectacular aura aboutvitesse304 has a spectacular aura about

Orvis quotes 4-6 weeks. I called at 4 weeks, and was told I had to wait another 2 weeks to see what was up.

I called last week (6 weeks on the nose) and they said they were waiting for materials to come in to repair the rod. However, since it had been 6 weeks, they were just going to send me a new Helios 2 since it would take longer than the quoted amount of time.

So, have patience and give it 2 more week...
mcnerney likes this.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:46 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse304 View Post
Orvis quotes 4-6 weeks. I called at 4 weeks, and was told I had to wait another 2 weeks to see what was up.

I called last week (6 weeks on the nose) and they said they were waiting for materials to come in to repair the rod. However, since it had been 6 weeks, they were just going to send me a new Helios 2 since it would take longer than the quoted amount of time.

So, have patience and give it 2 more week...
Tough to go 8 weeks without the favorite fly rod!
mcnerney likes this.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:48 AM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

Two extra weeks for a brand new rod? I'll take that deal any day.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:55 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

Orvis claims much improved durability on H2 and, casting several at Somerset last winter, I thought the tapers were improved as well.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:17 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick k View Post
Two extra weeks for a brand new rod? I'll take that deal any day.
I have to agree, if you can get a brand new H2 that would be some sweet deal. I can understand how they can get backed up this time of year.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:41 PM

vitesse304 has a spectacular aura aboutvitesse304 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
6 weeks total. Well, I guess 7 since they said it would take 5-7 days to get to me.
mridenour likes this.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:54 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse304 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
6 weeks total. Well, I guess 7 since they said it would take 5-7 days to get to me.
Ha, my math is a little out of whack. You would understand if you visited the high school I attended.
Old 07-31-2013, 12:10 PM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice

Originally Posted by rickf
"And evry man who will touch my rod."

Nick
"I had no idea Rick."

LOL Hey, Nick, I meant my fly rod ....... not my manly rod! I'm not a "loose wristed" fly fishin' guy! (not that there is anything wrong with that!) Some have called me a elitist (only because I wear Orvis waders and have a Orvis rod?) ..... but nobody thinks that I'm a gay elitist? (not that there is anything wrong with that). I usually wear a Stetson hat, and that does look a bit gay (not that there is anything wrong with that).
Old 07-31-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickf View Post
Originally Posted by rickf
"And evry man who will touch my rod."

Nick
"I had no idea Rick."

LOL Hey, Nick, I meant my fly rod ....... not my manly rod! I'm not a "loose wristed" fly fishin' guy! (not that there is anything wrong with that!) Some have called me a elitist (only because I wear Orvis waders and have a Orvis rod?) ..... but nobody thinks that I'm a gay elitist? (not that there is anything wrong with that). I usually wear a Stetson hat, and that does look a bit gay (not that there is anything wrong with that).
It's okay. We all forget to shut the closet door sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axHe_BVY_9c