The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 07:59 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Music to describe your fly fishing life

Creedence! "Bad Moon Rising" Enough said.
baseman1 likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 07-29-2013, 08:10 AM

jeepster II is just really nicejeepster II is just really nicejeepster II is just really nicejeepster II is just really nicejeepster II is just really nice

No music for fishing but I like it back at camp. Here's what I may be thinking about though. Too many musicians recorded this to pick from so here's the original peter green.

baseman1 likes this.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:20 AM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

I don't listen to music when I fish, but I listen to this to remind me WHY I fish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nk1zeO4xKw
baseman1 likes this.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:59 PM

enolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really nice

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 08-01-2013, 05:23 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Easy call: Roberta Flack = "First time I saw your face."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Go9aks4aujM

Edit: Done well, but still Ms. Flack sets the bar:

Just sit back and listen; this sets the bar for a Native Run Steelhead.
fae

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

The standards that all which will be judged:

baseman1 likes this.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:39 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

"The sunshine bores the daylights outta me
chasin' shadows, moonlight mystery"
Old 08-01-2013, 07:37 PM

tbum2020 is on a distinguished road

Ben Winships's Fishing Music II, I love it.... Waiting on the Evening Rise is a must listen!

Click the image to open in full size.

Little Miss Cutthroat (David A. Thompson)
Mayfly (Jeffrey Foucault)
Gone Fishin' (Kenney / Kenney)
The Eel's Nephew (Bud Freeman)
Waiting on the Evening Rise (Ben Winship)
Wade in the Water (traditional)
Fishin' in the Wind (Mike Dowling)
Old Bamboo (David A. Thompson)
I Caught a Keeper (Mike Dowling)
Lost River (Chris Coole)
Church of the Wandering Stream (David A. Thompson)
Fishing in the Dark (traditional)
Opening Day (David A. Thompson)
The Winding Stream (A.P. Cater)
The Ol' Diamondback Sturgeon / Jeff Sturgeon (Lalonde / Alexander / Claypool)
Everybody's Fishin' (traditional)
baseman1 likes this.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I had the privilege to meet and briefly know this artist who's music made a profound impact on my life from 1977 until this day.

I do not listen to music while fishing but the timeless messages that are intrinsic to these three pieces are in my mind always. His words were about nature, beauty, and about us and were an influence on me.

Here's one for the land and the sky;

One for the sea's and the beauty of our oceans.

And one for the heart & mind and the Spirit.

stenacron and baseman1 like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-01-2013, 10:52 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Many, many years back (total accident) got John in my home. Tour Bus did a brain fart and I pulled up. Got a few other guys together and picked the crew up and over to my house for a flake out while the thing got towed/repaired.

Next two days were total Magic. One of the most unassuming guys you'd ever meet. Pancakes-eggs in the morning, BBQ in the evening. John in the 'spare bedroom,' the rest flaked out on the floor or a motel.

First time I'd heard 'Anne's song.' Gut wrenching; we talked for a very long time. A man in deep hurt.

fae
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:53 PM

duker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really nice

Lots of good music on this thread so far.

I'll add Mississippi John Hurt's "Let The Mermaids Flirt With Me". Not about fishing, really, but a fine country blues:

I do not work for pleasure
Earthly peace I'll see no more
The only reason I work at all
Is to drive the wolf from my door
When my blessed trials are over
Cast my body out in the sea
Save on the undertaker bills
And let the mermaids flirt with me.

Scott