The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   Music to describe your fly fishing life (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/326270-music-describe-your-fly-fishing-life.html)

baseman1 07-26-2013 08:16 AM

Music to describe your fly fishing life

Hi folks,
I was listening to music as I fished yesterday and thought I wonder what 3 songs other people would use to describe their Fly Fishing life.

Mine are:
1) Tragically Hip - Yer Not the Ocean (I've learned I am a small part of the equation in both fishing and life)

2)Queens of the stone age - Go with the flow (usually the best policy with fishing)

3)Scotland the brave (As I plan to go someday to fish)

ben664 07-26-2013 10:47 AM

Re: Music to describe your fly fishing life

I like to listen punk / power pop sometimes.... and sometime country.

Here my favorite band

Rip Tide 07-26-2013 11:04 AM

noreaster 07-26-2013 05:16 PM

Blitzen Trapper
great tunes

siege 07-26-2013 07:49 PM

I love music, always have. But...I don't fish to music. For me, it would be out of place. I like the natural sounds that come with the territory.
It's great that there are so many portable devices available to us. I have my share, but they stay home when I fish.
The playlist so far looks good, and if that's your thing, enjoy the tunes in the water. But for me, nah.
Music to describe my fishing life ? All natural.

half fast 07-26-2013 07:57 PM

I don't listen to music when I fish, but the song that would best describe my fishing life would doubtlessly be the Rolling Stones' "You Can't Always Get What You Want."

jimp 07-26-2013 08:17 PM

I don't listen to music when I have the fly rod, flying hooks seem to catch more of me than fish, so.... when I'm in the boat and not fly fishing, I listen to country, sometimes the ipod and sometimes just the radio.

Music to describe my fly fishing, "Wipeout":p

two_nymph_rig 07-26-2013 08:32 PM

I haven't ever met anyone that also listens to Blitzen. I walked down the aisle to Furr. Black River Killer is another one of my favorites.

I usually listen to some random bluegrass when heading to the river.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noreaster (Post 576363)

pszy22 07-29-2013 05:59 AM

My favorite rendition -

littledavid123 07-29-2013 07:56 AM

What music best describes my fly fishing??? That's easy "Flight of the Bumble Bee", there is so little time to fish that when I do get out, it's go as fast as I can...lol

Dave