The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 08:16 AM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice
Default Music to describe your fly fishing life

Hi folks,
I was listening to music as I fished yesterday and thought I wonder what 3 songs other people would use to describe their Fly Fishing life.

Mine are:
1) Tragically Hip - Yer Not the Ocean (I've learned I am a small part of the equation in both fishing and life)

2)Queens of the stone age - Go with the flow (usually the best policy with fishing)

3)Scotland the brave (As I plan to go someday to fish)

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 07-26-2013, 10:47 AM

ben664 is just really niceben664 is just really niceben664 is just really niceben664 is just really nice
Default Re: Music to describe your fly fishing life

I like to listen punk / power pop sometimes.... and sometime country.

Here my favorite band

Hardyreels and baseman1 like this.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:04 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Old 07-26-2013, 05:16 PM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

Blitzen Trapper
great tunes
baseman1 likes this.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:49 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

I love music, always have. But...I don't fish to music. For me, it would be out of place. I like the natural sounds that come with the territory.
It's great that there are so many portable devices available to us. I have my share, but they stay home when I fish.
The playlist so far looks good, and if that's your thing, enjoy the tunes in the water. But for me, nah.
Music to describe my fishing life ? All natural.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:57 PM

half fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nice

I don't listen to music when I fish, but the song that would best describe my fishing life would doubtlessly be the Rolling Stones' "You Can't Always Get What You Want."
baseman1 and siege like this.

======================================
Jesus said, "Go fishing!" (Luke 5:4). He said nothing about monthly reports, budgets, cost variances, manpower planning, or orders forecasts.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:17 PM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about

I don't listen to music when I have the fly rod, flying hooks seem to catch more of me than fish, so.... when I'm in the boat and not fly fishing, I listen to country, sometimes the ipod and sometimes just the radio.

Music to describe my fly fishing, "Wipeout"
baseman1 and siege like this.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:32 PM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light

I haven't ever met anyone that also listens to Blitzen. I walked down the aisle to Furr. Black River Killer is another one of my favorites.

I usually listen to some random bluegrass when heading to the river.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreaster View Post
noreaster likes this.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:59 AM

pszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to behold

My favorite rendition -

baseman1 likes this.

Tenkara Fly Fishing

Tenkara Fly Fishing Forum

Tenkara Fly Fishing Blog

"People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" - John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo
Old 07-29-2013, 07:56 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

What music best describes my fly fishing??? That's easy "Flight of the Bumble Bee", there is so little time to fish that when I do get out, it's go as fast as I can...lol

Dave
baseman1 likes this.