The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/)
-   -   I have a crush on Joni (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/general-discussion/326300-i-have-crush-joni.html)

enolaeagle 07-26-2013 03:56 PM

I have a crush on Joni

Not really a crush but I just put an order in for some of Joni's leaders :D

There's been tons of great comments about her products so I'm pretty stoked to use them! Thanks to all that posted great feedback.

fly_guy12955 07-26-2013 04:10 PM

Re: I have a crush on Joni

You will love the leaders, pard.

enolaeagle 07-26-2013 10:18 PM

Is there a specific type of floatant that works best for these? I've seen some using the hard wax for treatment.

mysticm 07-27-2013 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enolaeagle (Post 576447)
Is there a specific type of floatant that works best for these? I've seen some using the hard wax for treatment.

Loon Paste Floatant....or any other companies version.

fredaevans 07-27-2013 06:57 AM

"MoJo" may have a problem with that ... that aside, her Furled leaders are exceptional. Would love to sit/talk to both on a beach.

fae

enolaeagle 07-27-2013 07:13 AM

She's also going to send me one of her yellow carp flies :)

sweetandsalt 07-27-2013 08:55 AM

Following a forum discussion on furled leaders, she elegantly custom furled one and sent it to me. She made a solid point with this gift and this past month my Western partner and I did some technical comparisons of furled, braided and conventional leaders for dry fly fishing. More on this when I can compile our observations in an essay.

mysticm 07-27-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetandsalt (Post 576535)
Following a forum discussion on furled leaders, she elegantly custom furled one and sent it to me. She made a solid point with this gift and this past month my Western partner and I did some technical comparisons of furled, braided and conventional leaders for dry fly fishing. More on this when I can compile our observations in an essay.

Look forward to it since I have been in two minds about using the furled leaders (afraid that their opacity would not work on spring creeks with skitterish fish)

fly_guy12955 07-27-2013 04:34 PM

spring creeks and skiddish trout are there they shine !

rickf 07-30-2013 12:31 AM

I wonder if "furled" leaders are better than "power taper" leaders? ..... for turning over tungsten beadhead flies?