The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2013, 03:56 PM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light
Default I have a crush on Joni

Not really a crush but I just put an order in for some of Joni's leaders

There's been tons of great comments about her products so I'm pretty stoked to use them! Thanks to all that posted great feedback.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 07-26-2013, 04:10 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I have a crush on Joni

You will love the leaders, pard.
enolaeagle likes this.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:18 PM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light

Is there a specific type of floatant that works best for these? I've seen some using the hard wax for treatment.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 07-27-2013, 06:40 AM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by enolaeagle View Post
Is there a specific type of floatant that works best for these? I've seen some using the hard wax for treatment.
Loon Paste Floatant....or any other companies version.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:57 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

"MoJo" may have a problem with that ... that aside, her Furled leaders are exceptional. Would love to sit/talk to both on a beach.

fae
utah daveii and enolaeagle like this.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:13 AM

She's also going to send me one of her yellow carp flies
fredaevans likes this.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 07-27-2013, 08:55 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future

Following a forum discussion on furled leaders, she elegantly custom furled one and sent it to me. She made a solid point with this gift and this past month my Western partner and I did some technical comparisons of furled, braided and conventional leaders for dry fly fishing. More on this when I can compile our observations in an essay.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 07-27-2013, 04:06 PM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
Following a forum discussion on furled leaders, she elegantly custom furled one and sent it to me. She made a solid point with this gift and this past month my Western partner and I did some technical comparisons of furled, braided and conventional leaders for dry fly fishing. More on this when I can compile our observations in an essay.
Look forward to it since I have been in two minds about using the furled leaders (afraid that their opacity would not work on spring creeks with skitterish fish)
Old 07-27-2013, 04:34 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold

spring creeks and skiddish trout are there they shine !
Old 07-30-2013, 12:31 AM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice

I wonder if "furled" leaders are better than "power taper" leaders? ..... for turning over tungsten beadhead flies?