The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree130Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 09:29 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Utah Casting for Recovery Retreat Needs Help

Larry,

Got your note and will get you something out soon. Glad to be able to hand these flies off to a good cause.

P.S. You need to spend some time at the vise if not for this cause, just because
fysh and mrs_fysh like this.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:47 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
Larry,

Got your note and will get you something out soon. Glad to be able to hand these flies off to a good cause.

P.S. You need to spend some time at the vise if not for this cause, just because
I hear you on that one, I've been too busy fishing and now the weekends are getting tied up with riding horses with the GF.

Thanks for helping out!

Larry
fysh likes this.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:34 PM

mrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to beholdmrs_fysh is a splendid one to behold

Thanks all of you...

These gals are just so appreciative of anything you send. Sending the flies and boxes with them is one of the tangible reminders of the experience. They also take many memories, new friends and a new experience. They get to see a fly tying demo during some free time and their appreciation for the time and talent spent on a single fly really grows.

The pink and purple is a nice touch. It's a weekend full of both those colors!

Thanks again!! This forum holds some pretty great people!
fysh and mcnerney like this.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:37 PM

Kerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud ofKerry Pitt has much to be proud of

I am in send me an address or do I send them to you?
fysh likes this.
Each smallest act of kindness - even just words of hope when they are needed, the remembrance of a birthday, a compliment that engenders a smile - reverberates across great distances and spans of time, affecting lives unknown to the one whose generous spirit was the source of this good echo, because kindness is passed on and grows each time it's passed, until a simple courtesy becomes an act of selfless courage years later and far away.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:47 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Pitt View Post
I am in send me an address or do I send them to you?
Kerry: I sent you a PM with the address. Thanks so much for helping out!
fysh likes this.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:06 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Larry,

If MrsFysh needs a couple of "door prizes," I'll make up one of my patented "Feathers In The Wind" fly boxes, as well as a "Trail's End" offering for the Utah girls. Just let me know, and I'll start busting hump to get them done for you...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
fysh likes this.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:14 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Larry.......count me in also.....Pm me the address........such a good cause.....I will be more than happy to contribute!!!
fysh likes this.

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 07-31-2013, 06:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonder View Post
Larry.......count me in also.....Pm me the address........such a good cause.....I will be more than happy to contribute!!!
Yonder: Thanks for helping, I sent you a pm with the address and due date.

Larry

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
Larry,

If MrsFysh needs a couple of "door prizes," I'll make up one of my patented "Feathers In The Wind" fly boxes, as well as a "Trail's End" offering for the Utah girls. Just let me know, and I'll start busting hump to get them done for you...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Jerry: I sent you a PM!

Larry
fysh likes this.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:21 AM

JoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to beholdJoJer is a splendid one to behold

I've been tying all summer for a trip I'm not going to get to go on. I have a couple of great patterns I could easily turn into a dozen+ or a couple of half dozens right now. Send me a PM with your address.

My wife attended a retreat several years ago. It's a great program.
enolaeagle likes this.

"Every [child] has the right to a first fish. On this particular planet, no man is granted a greater privelege than to be present and to assist in the realization of this moment". Bill Heavey
Old 08-01-2013, 02:23 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

the flies are shipping(flying) to the US.....