The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree130Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 08:47 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Utah Casting for Recovery Retreat Needs Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJer View Post
I've been tying all summer for a trip I'm not going to get to go on. I have a couple of great patterns I could easily turn into a dozen+ or a couple of half dozens right now. Send me a PM with your address.

My wife attended a retreat several years ago. It's a great program.
JoJer: Thanks for helping out, much appreciated! I'll send a PM.

Larry

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
JoJer: Thanks for helping out, much appreciated! I'll send a PM.

Larry
OK, I think we have enough volunteers to make this pretty easy to provide the 14 dozen flies that Pam needs for the gals at the upcoming Utah Casting for Recovery Retreat. Thanks to everyone for stepping up and volunteering to help out with this great cause. Please try to have your flies sent to me by the first of Sept so I can get them repackaged into two fly boxes and sent off to Pam as she needs them in her hands no later than Sept 10.
Here are the members that have volunteered to help tie flies:
JoJer
Popperfly
Jpbfly
Enolaeagle
Mridenour
Williamj
Comeonavs
Jaybo41
Pocono
Fishiowa
Kerry Pit
Yonder
McNerney

Thanks again, this forum is just amazing!

Larry
jpbfly, popperfly and mridenour like this.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:32 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

How bout some caddis...tied these up when I first started tying so I wouldn't exactly call them grade-A flies but they fish fine. They are all yours if you want 'em!

Click the image to open in full size.

LMK

Greg
mcnerney, jpbfly and fredaevans like this.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:16 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Great gesture Greg....the gals will appreciate
Old 08-04-2013, 06:55 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Utah Casting for Recovery Retreat Needs Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghocevar View Post
How bout some caddis...tied these up when I first started tying so I wouldn't exactly call them grade-A flies but they fish fine. They are all yours if you want 'em!

LMK

Greg
Greg, I'd have to 'Agree to disagree.' Those are FABULOUS!

Fred
Old 08-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghocevar View Post

LMK

Greg
Greg: Now that is outstanding! Much appreciated!
I'll send a PM with the address!

Larry

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

I tied up some pink beetles and pink buggers for the gals to pin on their CFR hats during the retreat:

Old 08-04-2013, 09:28 AM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Greg: Now that is outstanding! Much appreciated!
I'll send a PM with the address!

Larry

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 AM ----------

I tied up some pink beetles and pink buggers for the gals to pin on their CFR hats during the retreat:
That is very cool. I'm not up to tying anything useful, but I did put out some feelers. I'll post back if I get any takers.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:15 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

1 dozen size 18 rainbow warriors done
1 Dozen size 18 poison tung's
a dozen size 18 Beadhead Barr Emerger BWO

I will get them in the mail this week.

Last edited by comeonavs; 08-04-2013 at 06:24 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
1 dozen size 18 rainbow warriors done
1 Dozen size 18 poison tung's
a dozen size 18 Beadhead Barr Emerger BWO

I will get them in the mail this week.
Awesome flies, thanks again for supporting the Utah Casting for Recovery retreat! The gals will love those flies!

Larry

Old 08-09-2013, 04:04 AM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of

Larry,

Just a quick "heads-up..." The two wooden boxes left earlier this week via USPS Priority Mail, and should be arriving shortly. Please advise when they hit your doorstep.

And, as it was with the Wyoming ladies, I'm making up some "post-retreat" surprises for every attendee. Well, maybe not you, but... (I'm kidding, old friend) Let MrsFysh know that additional items will be coming "after the fact..."

Glad I could help out in my own small way...

Warmest wishes to all of those who'll be in attendance...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
fredaevans, mridenour and yonder like this.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:31 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairwing530 View Post
Larry,

Just a quick "heads-up..." The two wooden boxes left earlier this week via USPS Priority Mail, and should be arriving shortly. Please advise when they hit your doorstep.

And, as it was with the Wyoming ladies, I'm making up some "post-retreat" surprises for every attendee. Well, maybe not you, but... (I'm kidding, old friend) Let MrsFysh know that additional items will be coming "after the fact..."

Glad I could help out in my own small way...

Warmest wishes to all of those who'll be in attendance...

Jerry, aka hairwing530
Jerry: Not me! Where's the love?
Seriously, thanks so much for helping out, I will be on the lookout for your boxes of flies and will let Pam know you have a surprise for the gals attending the retreat! I just wish I could be there to see their faces when they open up those fly boxes. You're my hero!

Larry
fredaevans and yonder like this.