The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree130Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2013, 10:08 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Utah Casting for Recovery Retreat Needs Help

"38 miscellaneous flies from Fred Evans (if I counted correctly, LOL!)."

Good to hear the package got home to 'Mother.' The 'Big Ones' are Deer Hair surface 'skaters' for Steelhead/Atlantic Salmon, the 'Buzzer's' are for still water. Give the Ladies a choice of what/where/when/for what.
mcnerney and jaybo41 like this.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:11 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Utah Casting for Recovery Retreat Needs Help

This morning I consolidated the flies that have come in so far, into a few boxes and I'm going to send this off to Pam for the Utah Casting for Recovery retreat in Sept. We still have a bunch of flies coming in, and I haven't been to the post office in a couple days, but I didn't want to risk sending them all in at one time. If I counted correctly we have 417 flies or 34.75 dozen (that doesn't count the two engraved wooden fly boxes and flies that hariwind530 (Jerry) is donating and we still have a bunch of flies coming in. I'm just floored with the overwhelming support that the forum has shown! Kudos to all you guys that stepped up and donated a few flies!
Click the image to open in full size.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:27 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

"Ask and you shall receive."
mcnerney likes this.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:55 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Well done everyone! Larry, thanks for being the designated bombee and getting them sent to Mrs. Fysh.

I hope to see some photos of smiling faces and the flies being put to good use.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:22 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
Well done everyone! Larry, thanks for being the designated bombee and getting them sent to Mrs. Fysh.

I hope to see some photos of smiling faces and the flies being put to good use.
Jay: Good point, I'll ask Pam to get us some photos from the retreat, I'm sure everyone would love to see those smiling faces!

Larry

Old 08-21-2013, 07:40 PM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
This morning I consolidated the flies that have come in so far, into a few boxes and I'm going to send this off to Pam for the Utah Casting for Recovery retreat in Sept. We still have a bunch of flies coming in, and I haven't been to the post office in a couple days, but I didn't want to risk sending them all in at one time. If I counted correctly we have 417 flies or 34.75 dozen (that doesn't count the two engraved wooden fly boxes and flies that hariwind530 (Jerry) is donating and we still have a bunch of flies coming in. I'm just floored with the overwhelming support that the forum has shown! Kudos to all you guys that stepped up and donated a few flies!
That's awesome Larry! I hope they have a great time!!!
mcnerney likes this.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 08-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
Hey Larry,

I have a few North Country Spiders I tied that are just laying around on my fly tying bench. Partridge & Orange, Partridge & Yellow (some 14's some 16's) that I'd be happy to donate if that would be a good choice given the time of year and locale. If that'll work, shoot me a PM with where to send them.
Jay: Your Spiders and hoppers arrived today! Thanks, much appreciated, that gals at the Utah CGR Retreat will really enjoy those flies!

Larry

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
Got my hoppers tied, now have to get to the post office!
William: Your hoppers also arrived today, thanks much for all your help!

Larry
jaybo41 and williamhj like this.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:29 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Jay: Your Spiders and hoppers arrived today! Thanks, much appreciated, that gals at the Utah CGR Retreat will really enjoy those flies!
Thanks for confirming Larry, glad to help. Hopefully they put some ladies on the fish!
mcnerney likes this.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:03 PM

Lightbulb Casting for Recovery Retreat Needs Help

Quote:

Larry

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

William: Your hoppers also arrived today, thanks much for all your help!

Larry
Larry, a thought I've been tossing about in my mind (as limited as that may be) and will 'toss out.' "Casting for Recovery" is a totally unique program that just 'works.' Guys Butt out, well, you may do the cooking, but then 'get lost.'

My thought.

Outstanding group, out standing results, understanding needs.

FIRST! A direct Corporate sponsor ship is a "Pandora's Box" you may NOT want to open. BUT if the 'Ladies' could be 'encouraged' to join the Forum and contribute, what might they get for the next 'Clave? (For context, I've been a group supporter since 2000. Stumbled across the reference by accident.)

So what's in in for the 'Ladies?' Continued interest in fly fishing, instructfull information on 'where from here,' 'I'm thinking about fishing there, what do you think?' A dozen other things cross my mind.

"Not a hand out, but a hand up." We've all been there........ And who better than them?

Frederick A. Evans
Old 08-23-2013, 01:00 PM
Administrator

I received flies from Oarfish (22 1/2 dozen and five fly boxes, care of the fly donation program Glcaddis was offering), 1 dozen hoppers from Williamhj and 2 dozen spiders and 8 hoppers from Jaybo41. If I counted correctly that brings us to 60 dozen flies. That should hold Pam over for a couple years!
Thanks again for everyone that helped donate flies to the Utah Casting for Recovery Retreat!