The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree130Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 09:10 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Utah Casting for Recovery Retreat Needs Help

Pam (Mrs Fysh) asked me for some help with flies for their retreat next month. I told her I would tie some up for them and have sent out a few PM's to members to see if they have time to tie up 6-12 flies to donate to the Utah Casting for Recovery program. I normally don't tie during the summer months as there are just too many activities going on, so I fully understand if you don't have the time, but this is a great program and needs our support. If you have the time and would like to donate, please let me know. At this point I don't have an exact date when the flies need to be in Pam's possession, but I have sent her a note asking that and an address to send them to her.

Each CFR retreat is restricted to 14 gals that have or have had breast cancer, they like to donate 6-12 flies to each participant, so any fly you can tie would work. This time of year in Utah, any terrestrail will work, but in reality, anything we can provide to them will be welcomed.

Larry
imxer, fysh, williamhj and 3 others like this.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:44 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of
Default Re: Utah Casting for Recovery Retreat Needs Help

Can they use some buggers and scuds? lol...I tend to tie those most because I fish them a lot and they are simple.
fysh and mrs_fysh like this.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:56 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridenour View Post
Can they use some buggers and scuds? lol...I tend to tie those most because I fish them a lot and they are simple.
Mike: You bet, buggers and scuds work almost everywhere. If you could tie up 6-12 that would be great, I will send you my address. Much appreciated!!!!!!

Larry
fysh likes this.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Will tie a dozen of....my HMB....
High Mountain Bugs
Old 07-30-2013, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
Will tie a dozen of....my HMB....
High Mountain Bugs
Thanks JP, much appreciated!

Larry
fysh likes this.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:38 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Larry,

I have a few North Country Spiders I tied that are just laying around on my fly tying bench. Partridge & Orange, Partridge & Yellow (some 14's some 16's) that I'd be happy to donate if that would be a good choice given the time of year and locale. If that'll work, shoot me a PM with where to send them.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybo41 View Post
Hey Larry,

I have a few North Country Spiders I tied that are just laying around on my fly tying bench. Partridge & Orange, Partridge & Yellow (some 14's some 16's) that I'd be happy to donate if that would be a good choice given the time of year and locale. If that'll work, shoot me a PM with where to send them.
Jay: I will PM you my address. Those spiders and soft hackles will work almost anywhere there is water and a few trout to be had. We would love to add them to the list. Thanks for the generous offer!

Larry
fysh likes this.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:55 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

I'd be glad to chip in too

Anything in particular you would want tied up. I don't tie dries or streamers , just haven't had the time to learn those.

Any of the standard stuff I can tie up

Pheasant Tail
Hares Ear
Poison tung
Barr Emergers

Let me know and it would be good excuse to dust off the vise during the summer months.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by comeonavs View Post
I'd be glad to chip in too

Anything in particular you would want tied up. I don't tie dries or streamers , just haven't had the time to learn those.

Any of the standard stuff I can tie up

Pheasant Tail
Hares Ear
Poison tung
Barr Emergers

Let me know and it would be good excuse to dust off the vise during the summer months.
Comeonavs: Thanks for offering to help out, anything on your list would be awesome. I know what you mean about dusting off the vise, I haven't tied anything since last winter. I sent you a PM with my address. Thanks again!!!!

Larry
fysh likes this.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:27 PM

enolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really nice

My schedule is loaded. Last week I finished up a few bass flies for my up coming mini vacation, however... I took a short cut for you Larry

I just got done placing an order for you at BigYFly Co. I'm an Even-Steven kinda guy so if there's 14 ladies then I wanted to make it fair

Here's what you'll be recieving by the end of the week:

14- Snow Bugs (scud) - pink - size 16
14- Woolly Buggers - purple - size 8
14- Elk Hair Caddis - tan - size 16
14- Emergant Sparkle Pupa - tan - size 16
14- Griffith Gnat - Hi Vis - size 20

5 Each! 70 flies for 37 bux

Since their colors are pink and purple I wanted to throw that in with the scuds and woolly buggers. I hope they catch some nice ones

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...