The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2013, 06:44 PM

Didgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to behold
Default New Rainbow Trout Artwork - Fresh off the Drawing Table

Hey gang,

Been a while since I've been on here. Took a 6 week hiatus as I was guiding in the Arctic. While I was up there I had a piece that I needed to work on and finish for the Manitoba Fisheries Enhancement Stamp Competition. The deadline is next week so I needed to get the bulk of the piece done while up at the lodge.

This was a fun piece as it's the first "fine art" piece I've done in almost two years. Recently my work has been more geared towards just fish in action poses to put on apparel. So it was a refreshing piece to re-ignite the creative juices.

Click the image to open in full size.
| Fine Art Pencil Artist

I'm glad it's done as now that I'm back I find myself playing catch up with commissioned works and custom art for clients. Luckily they understood I was unavailable for 6 weeks and waited. =P

Cheers,
Nick
Old 08-01-2013, 06:54 PM

nickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of lightnickj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New Rainbow Trout Artwork - Fresh off the Drawing Table

Nice... for sale?
Old 08-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Nick: Awesome work as always!
Are you going to post a report on your stay in the arctic? We would love to see some photos and here about your experiences.

Larry
fredaevans likes this.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:59 PM

Didgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to beholdDidgeridoo is a splendid one to behold

Thanks! It's for the stamp competition in Manitoba. So for now, no its not for sale. =)

Cheers.

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Larry, ya I'll definitely have to write a report. Was a pretty epic season as usual. Lots of stories to tell. =)

Nick
Old 08-01-2013, 07:04 PM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

That's awesome dude!! I really need to get back into drawing on a regular basis.

Oh I know, I wanted to ask you, are you using prismacolors for your pencils or another brand?

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 08-01-2013, 07:12 PM

streamborn_jr77 is on a distinguished road

u sure its not for sale it would look great framed on on my wall ????????
Old 08-01-2013, 07:22 PM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Most exceptional!

Kelly.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:26 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Nick, that's absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing it here and good luck in the competition!
Old 08-01-2013, 09:45 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

Nick,

Stunning artwork! I would buy a stamp with that picture on it all day long. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. I showed my daughter, who just turned 10. She is heavily into art and takes private lessons twice a week. She was thrilled to see your work. She said now she wants to draw a fish.

Thanks for the inspiration, and good luck with the stamp competition. Let us know the outcome so we can buy your stamps.

-VB
Didgeridoo likes this.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:06 PM

That's awesome to hear about your daughter! Art was the one thing that I stuck with all my life. I tried several musical instruments, all kinds of hobbies, and the one that lasted was always art. =)

The stamp competition is for artist's work to be chosen for all the Manitoba Fishing Licenses on which they feature an enhancement stamp for that year. They also sell limited edition prints of the winning artwork. It's a pretty great program and helps artists gain exposure and show off their work. =)

Thanks everyone! Going to be starting another one right away that is similar to this one for a friend's clothing line.

Nick
von behr likes this.