The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 06:24 AM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Wow! Marabou is versatile!

I went to Ebay looking for some marbou. What I got was this. I almost spit coffee on my key board. Marabou, it's not just for fly tying anymore. Now if I was only twenty years younger and better looking.....

Sexy Black Thong Back Mesh Teddy w Purple Marabou Trim Intimate Lingerie | eBay
Old 08-04-2013, 06:50 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Wow! Marabou is versatile!

I should be so young to look at that and do a WOOZER!
Old 08-04-2013, 07:58 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wow! Marabou is versatile!

I'd bet if they were selling model worn Marabou, they'd be able to do a buy it now option for a pretty penny. At least to the fly tying crowd anyway!
Old 08-04-2013, 08:08 AM

bigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant futurebigjim5589 has a brilliant future

Quote:
I'd bet if they were selling model worn Marabou, they'd be able to do a buy it now option for a pretty penny.
My wife wouldn't let me keep the model anyway, so I can only make use of the marabou!

I've bought marabou boa's in the past to get marabou for tying. Sometimes they can be inexpensive, (the lingerie & model, not included) and you get a lot more marabou. However, it's also not always ideal for tying.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 08-05-2013, 07:09 AM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

Great. And there goes the price of marabou. Like tying materials weren't already expensive enough.