The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 06:56 AM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: That big beautiful brown truck arrived today!

One day you will have to tell us the story of how your rod broke.

Sounds like there are some incriminating details in there.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:00 AM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick k View Post
One day you will have to tell us the story of how your rod broke.

Sounds like there are some incriminating details in there.
Shhhh! You NEVER ask that! If it were on a fifty pound tarpon or trying to futily fend off the Swedish Bikini Team in a vain but heroic attempt to protect his virtue he'd have said. It was probably a car door or ceiling fan and we never talk about that.
nick k likes this.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:26 PM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fq13 View Post
trying to futily fend off the Swedish Bikini Team in a vain but heroic attempt to protect his virtue
LOL! not this guy? if a bikini team attacked me ...... I would let them have their way with me! I don't fight with girls?

Nick,
I can't say what really happened to my fly rod! I live in central PA and I often fish at the world famous "Yellow Breeches" (only a half hours drive from my place). This is Orvis country! I always wear my Orvis waders, my Orvis vest, and a Orvis fly rod! ...... if I didn't, I wouldn't be allowed to fish there!
Old 08-06-2013, 12:42 PM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickf View Post
LOL! not this guy? if a bikini team attacked me ...... I would let them have their way with me! I don't fight with girls?

Nick,
I can't say what really happened to my fly rod! I live in central PA and I often fish at the world famous "Yellow Breeches" (only a half hours drive from my place). This is Orvis country! I always wear my Orvis waders, my Orvis vest, and a Orvis fly rod! ...... if I didn't, I wouldn't be allowed to fish there!
So naturally, I will now assume that you broke the rod in a jousting match with a staunch Fishpond advocate.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:03 PM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick k View Post
So naturally, I will now assume that you broke the rod in a jousting match with a staunch Fishpond advocate.
Break three rods with thee? But sir, I am still making payments on the one.
Well then knave, it shall be......fiberglass.
(shocked gasps)
Ugly stiks at ten paces!
Old 08-06-2013, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Always good to see a rod back from the"repairman"....wasn't too long...
Old 08-06-2013, 05:39 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickf View Post

Nick,
Probably stepped on it while fishing with a friends Sage...

Dave
Old 08-06-2013, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
Probably stepped on it while fishing with a friends Sage...

Dave
ROFL! I swear you owe me a new key board, AND a Sierra Nevada. BASTIAGE!
littledavid123 likes this.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:49 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, let the games begin, but first the ground rules!

Whomever comes up with the best story of how Rick broke his Helios (not the closest to the truth, just the best story) agrees to be sworn to secrecy and Rick has to send him a Private Message explaining all the gory details on how he really broke the rod...

Dave
Old 08-06-2013, 06:00 PM

Ohh, ooh, I'll go first. It WAS an Orvis after all. So I'm thinking he was having a slow day and found a nice live hopper, stripped off an Adams and hooked it up. The rod yelled "Allah Ackbar" and exploded in simple disgust.
littledavid123 likes this.