The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 07:58 PM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: That big beautiful brown truck arrived today!

I believe he actually broke it during an impromptu fencing match which erupted after being low holed then challenged to a duel by landing glove slap across the face.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:24 PM

siege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant futuresiege has a brilliant future

OK, I'll play ;

As we all know, there is no perfect cast......
.....and yet.......
as Rick stood there, all tall and manly lookin' in his Orvis waders, he felt a shiver of anticipation run up his spine.
It was all there. The right rod, the perfectly matched reel. The line and leader, coiled and full of potential kinetic energy. And oh, what a fly. It was just the right fly for the 26" broadshouldered hog, right at the far edge of Rick's casting ability.
The back cast was beauty in motion, and as the power of the rod loading up made itself known to Rick's powerful, Orvis fishing shirt clad right arm, he threw foreward at the exact moment needed to get his personal best, farthest cast ever, launched. It was then that the well worn slick cork grip flew out of Rick's sweaty palm.
He fell foreward on the follow through. As the face plant on the cold clear water began, Rick heard the sickening snap and felt the crack on his forehead that sent his beloved favorite fishin'tool to the flyrod hospital for an extended stay.
The rest, is history.
littledavid123 likes this.

Last edited by siege; 08-06-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:49 PM

Noiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really niceNoiso is just really nice

You guys are cracking me up!

By the way - when I broke my Orvis rod (superfine trout bum) the Orvis store gave me a loaner and sent my rod back to the shop so I didn't have to pay shipping.

Great service, sometimes you get what you pay for.
"By the time I was a teenager I fit the standard profile of a lifelong angler. I was lazy, shiftless, unambitious and willing to work hard only at things that were widely considered useless." ~John Gierach
Old 08-07-2013, 12:46 AM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice

LOL! so funny! Nick, you are killing me!

or: ..... Rick could have got his favorite fly stuck on submerged wood under the water, and tried to poke the fly off the branch ..... and the tip snapped off?

But I like the one with the Swiss Bikini Team attacking me the best! This is the one I'll stick with!

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noiso View Post
when I broke my Orvis rod (superfine trout bum) the Orvis store gave me a loaner
Great service, sometimes you get what you pay for.
I also had a Superfine Trout Bum ..... and broke it! Orvis fixed and sent back to me in 2 weeks! Great company!

Noiso,

I see you reside in SF? I go to LA every year (to visit friends) and this guy was on my plane: LAX .... I don't know who he is, but he smiles a lot, and we both like Led Zep!! LOL

Click the image to open in full size.

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fq13 View Post
So I'm thinking he was having a slow day and found a nice live hopper, stripped off an Adams and hooked it up. The rod yelled "Allah Ackbar" and exploded in simple disgust.
Now, that's a good one! Especially how the world is today.

I'll never tell what happened! Some things must remain a secret?
Noiso likes this.

Last edited by rickf; 08-07-2013 at 01:32 AM.