The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 6 Post By CutThroat Leaders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 03:34 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold
Default Central Idaho Free Stone...

Went fishing this past weekend with my son, we got into lots of small fish and had a great time. While walking down the rivers edge going to the next hole, he found a very used very large stimulator fly.... He had to give it shot. I tried talking him out of it as he was throwing a 3 wt rod and this fly was massive. In the end he won the argument and I tied the fly onto his line. First cast was a little sloppy and landed in a heap of line - leader-tippet, second cast was dead on. After a short 12" drift, slam.... the biggest cutty of the trip up until that point was on the reel. It took this large profile of a used and abused fly to coax the big guys out of their haunts. Rest of the of the trip followed suite. Large dry's to eager trout. I love Fly Fishing in Idaho.....

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 08-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Central Idaho Free Stone...

Mike: Funny how that works sometimes, throwing over sized dries and the biggest fish then comes up and slams the fly. Great shot of your son, congrats!

Old 08-06-2013, 04:21 PM

finisher will become famous soon enough

Awesome shots, Mike. I don't know if it's my eyes deceiving me or not, but that fish looks like it's smiling almost as much as your son.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold

That smile lasted for three days straight.... From catching tons of fish, picking huckleberries, (sharing a huckleberry patch with a small black bear), hiking and campfires, Camden could not have been more happy. The woods and mountains are a much better place for a kid than sitting in-front of a TV playing xbox... tons of fun.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 08-07-2013, 12:55 AM

innes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to behold

What a great story and a great state. Enjoy life there. It rarely gets any better.