The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By motorshooter
  • 1 Post By Liphookedau

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2013, 03:57 PM

Location: The Old Dominion. But can be found exploring a blue line
motorshooter is on a distinguished road
Default That ain't no bass!

I Spent some quality "me time" this morning greeting the fish on the tidal flats out back. I was angling for largemouth bass in the Lillie pads but came out with three 6lb carp and two smallies...about 15"...very chunky. I never did tie into a large mouth.

The water and weather were perfect for wading. With an approaching storm front the fish were on the move.

I also managed to make the acquaintance of several BIG yellow belly water snakes, I'm not a fan.

I missed a hard hit while I was watching a Bald Eagle steal a perch from an Osprey. The Osprey didn't miss a beat and took another fish minutes later in front of me.

A great morning, the fish were just a bonus to the time spent.
busbus likes this.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: That ain't no bass!

Definitely sounds like a great morning on the water (minus the snake encounters, I'm not a fan either, one thing I love about living at 7,200 ft, no snakes!). Too bad you didn't have a video camera going when that eagle stole the fish from the osprey!

Larry

Old 08-10-2013, 06:37 PM

ib me is on a distinguished road

You had a good day on the water Congrats
Dennis
Old 08-10-2013, 07:08 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

It's always good to get out & catch some Fish regardless if they are from Rivers or Lakes.
Even though our altitude is only 3000 Ft Snakes are really no problems as they are everywhere along our River & Lakes however we have to be careful of The Eastern Browns which are at times really aggressive as what I don't like are The Crocodiles & The other Snakes 2000-3000 Miles north of us we've encountered a few times.
I remember a couple of years ago coming across a Snake hunting Frogs near another Guy's Back pack that was Fishing near me I removed it & when I told him he nearly had a Heart attack.
Brian.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:56 AM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about

Congrats on the bonus footage today. Something to remember the next time you're at that spot.