The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 05:06 PM

Location: The Old Dominion. But can be found exploring a blue line
motorshooter is on a distinguished road
Default Bass on the surface, carp are tailing!

With a storm front due in tonight, I'm heading out to the back to wade my tidal flats. The waters surface is flat calm...except for tailing carp up on the shallows and bass chasing dragonflies!

I'll report on the results later.....
Old 08-12-2013, 06:20 PM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Bass on the surface, carp are tailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorshooter View Post
With a storm front due in tonight, I'm heading out to the back to wade my tidal flats. The waters surface is flat calm...except for tailing carp up on the shallows and bass chasing dragonflies!

I'll report on the results later.....
I hate when that happens! Give us a range report.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:41 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

Go get you some!!!
Old 08-13-2013, 05:15 PM

It was a great evening fishing. I lost count of the bass at 10, I probably lost that many to short strikes and my not paying attention...LOL!

We have a weather change coming in tonight...off to the flats with my 5wt in hand!
Old 08-15-2013, 07:02 PM

Tuesday and Wednesday evenings were perfect to whack the water. 11 bass on Tues and 13 on Wed, you have to love an approaching weather front. The biggest was a stocky brute that could tip the scale around 4lbs, the majority were in the 2-3lbs range.

I could do no wrong with a bumble bee popper and a smooth cast. The bass were up in the lilies and had no issues with chasing bugs. A ten pound test leader made easy work of pulling out the brutes that got back into the lilies for cover. During the evening two kayaks drifted past me, armed with fly rods also, they were enjoying a great evening as well.

I did have a small problem Wed evening when I switched off the common sense button in my pea brain and fished past the last rays of daylight. In the dark it was very difficult to find my way back on the same wade trail I came out on. I tripped on a submerged log that caught my foot and ate some cat tails...yummy. Thankfully I didn't snap a rod this time :icon.

Friday is looking great...I think I might hit the water earlier this time.