The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 08:53 AM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light
Default Allen Fly Fishing

I have always heard that allen is great to work with, and I plan on buying a rod from them, so with that out of that way, has anybody had any problems with them returning e-mails. I have sent them a couple e-mails now trying to figure out which setup would work best, the first one took about 3-4 days before i got a response, and it has been 3-4 days since I e-mailed them my last question. I do realize people are busy, and they are running a business, so I am just asking a simple question. Have you found it is easier to get in touch with them over this forum or using e-mail?
Old 08-14-2013, 08:55 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of
Default Re: Allen Fly Fishing

I have only emailed them a few times and got an answer within a few hours. Maybe someone is on vacation???
Old 08-14-2013, 09:01 AM

two_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of lighttwo_nymph_rig is a glorious beacon of light

could be, which is fine with me. Not in any hurry for a response, as I am still saving up a little money before I buy the rod, but it was just one of those useless questions that came to me while drinking my coffee this morning. I am excited to order up the Xa though.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:03 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

I think they were talking about a vacation to test the new reel, or am I remembering that wrong? I wouldn't sweat a few days. Always nice to get an instant reply to a question but 3-4 days isn't unreasonable at all, especially with a small business. They have a good reputation of taking care of their customers.

As a side note, a lot of forum members use Allen gear and could probably help with your question.
fredaevans and FlyBum like this.
Old 08-14-2013, 09:11 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of

I think this is the week that justin, Evan and secret employee are on vacation fishing for steel and pinks up in Washington doing some testing on their new made in the US reel.

Storm Drain Bonefisher
Old 08-14-2013, 09:13 AM
Banned

chipgerrard is on a distinguished road

I was emailing Justin back and forth and he was getting back to me within a couple hours.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:11 AM

acniemeyer is on a distinguished road

I ordered a reel from them awhile back, and recently had a few questions regarding another reel.. never have had any issues(always promt follow up), been a great company to deal with so far.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:18 AM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

I've always had good correspondence (even up till 10:30PM), but keep in mind that its basically just 2 guys running the company, so when they're busy, they're busy.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:34 AM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of lightallenflyfishing is a glorious beacon of light

Hello, we do have a phone number on the site as well. If you want to call me personaly my number is 574-855-7100. I have been at the Cancer Treatment Center in Chicago this week. I will check my emails to see why it was not replied to. We reply to emails right away and have done so from day 1.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:07 PM

jwide is on a distinguished road

I had an issue with placing an order late Sunday evening. Sent an email and received a prompt reply. How many other companies do that ? Not many!
They are building a strong brand with this type of customer service.
Jim