The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By fq13
  • 1 Post By mridenour

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2013, 01:28 PM

salmonthink is on a distinguished road
Default ASF Rivernotes - Death on a NL River Brings Conversation to Chest Waders - Aug15

ASF RIVERNOTES - With All the Water, Safety in Chest Waders
ASF Rivernotes Blog reviews some aspects of chest wader safety. And almost everywhere the water levels are high, with salmon on the move.
ASF River Notes | Reports on salmon runs, research field work and other matters of interest in the world of Atlantic salmon

ASF Research Blog - Divers unclog fishways, and at sea acoustic receivers are retrieved. Read more.
Atlantic Salmon Federation - Research - In the Field

Explaining Salmon Declines in Maine Rivers
An intriguing scientific article on climate change and capelin declines is causing a buzz in the Atlantic salmon world. Read more.
Atlantic Salmon Federation - Climate and Capelin Explain Salmon Declines in Maine Rivers

Possible Atlantic Salmon Reintroduction in NL
A large watershed sealed off by a dam in the 1920s is the subject of intense scrutiny this year, with help from ASF's Regional Director in Newfoundland. Perhaps Atlantic salmon could be reintroduced, and a salmon river restored.
Atlantic Salmon Federation - Possible Reintroduction of Salmon in a Western NL Stream
Old 08-16-2013, 01:38 PM

fq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of lightfq13 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: ASF Rivernotes - Death on a NL River Brings Conversation to Chest Waders - Aug15

"Wading belts? Those are for over equipped p@ssies and idiots who don't know when to stop wading" quoth me about 20 years ago. After scaring the bejeebus out of myself on a no name trout stream in Mt. (almost known as "Quaker's Drift' if God hadn't been smiling), I will never wade without one again. Seriously folks, it went from a little over the belly button to "Oh ****" with one step. I don't care if you tie on a piece of rope, use one. I like a basic boy scout belt design. They're cheap, reliable, easy to get off and will work to gather firewood or as a tourniquet if needs be. You can get a cool one at your fly shop for $25 or a basic model at Wally World for half that. Just use one. Seriously, use one.
fysh likes this.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:51 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of
Default Re: ASF Rivernotes - Death on a NL River Brings Conversation to Chest Waders - Aug15

Yeah, I have also gotten into sandy bottom that gives way underfoot. It is a bad feeling to be sliding helplessly into a deep hole. I managed to get enough traction to back out but that was tooooo close. In the words of Danny Glover in Lethal Weapon, "I'm too old for this shi-tuff"
fysh likes this.