Out with the old, in with the new.

trout trekker

Reaction score
Western Portal Sequoia National Forest, Kern River
Got the word, she’s ready to roll. :wiggle:

If you guys happen to be on the highways and byways of South Eastern Idaho, Northern Nevada and the Northern Sierra next week. Keep an eye out for a Cherokee making its way south and west from Idaho Falls with this new little drifter in hot pursuit.

If you see us, give us a honk, thumbs up or a wave. :wavetowel:thmbup::welcome:

TT

Last edited:

fq13

Reaction score
Let's see: a four stroke Yamaha 35 in the back, a Great White trolling motor up front, a live well, a short polling platform in the rear, and she'll be ready to go!:D:D:D:D
Nice Rig!:)

trout trekker

Reaction score
Thanks Boz we plan to. This might be the last one, for a long - long while.

fq13.:D She'll do what she needs to for now. But you're right, more dough will surely flow - soon enough.
Hmmm?:rolleyes: A long shaft four stroke kicker? Christmas isn't that far off, now is it?

Don't forget, Show your NAFFF colors if you see us.....
A wave or a thumbs up, might be the thing that keeps me going the next hundred miles. ;)

TT

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Congrats on the new drift boat, love the color combo!
I live in the opposite direction, so it's not likely I will see you on the road unless your taking the great circle route and have decided to float all the rivers in Montana, Wyoming and Colorado before heading home! Gotta break in the new boat, right! :D

trout trekker

Reaction score
Thanks Larry,

After all the stuff that goes into the finalizing the selection process for a new boat, in the end we still have to choose a color. Crazy right?

I actually had five different color schemes that I was lukewarm to really jazzed about, then I narrowed it down to just a few. Next I got photo’s of that model in each of the color schemes and sent it off to everyone who will likely be fishing with us.
All but two responded right away to the poll and it was unanimous - including Mrs. TT ( the only vote that really mattered ! ) Sage & White. Oh well, so much for my impractical Yellow Submarine……:D

TT

L

Liphookedau

A nice new Boat sounds like you are really keen to get many hours of use from it.
Brian

fq13

Reaction score
Thanks Larry,

After all the stuff that goes into the finalizing the selection process for a new boat, in the end we still have to choose a color. Crazy right?

I actually had five different color schemes that I was lukewarm to really jazzed about, then I narrowed it down to just a few. Next I got photo’s of that model in each of the color schemes and sent it off to everyone who will likely be fishing with us.
All but two responded right away to the poll and it was unanimous - including Mrs. TT ( the only vote that really mattered ! ) Sage & White. Oh well, so much for my impractical Yellow Submarine……:D

TT
On a serious note, the color was a great call. It looks good, and it won't fade too much if you store it outside. Plus, if you're like me and occasionally do violence to ducks, a cammo net thrown over the top will conceal t. Plus, there's always Krylon.;)

siege

Reaction score
Great looking boat. Nice picture of the Hyde store on Pancherri. I get in there as often as I can. Awesome staff.

trout trekker

Reaction score
Thank you Brian,

We live close, at times a little to close :confused: to one of California’s larger rivers. With three of the states better known Trout / Steelhead / Salmon waters ranging from 15 minutes to 1.5 hours away.
Mrs. TT rows and fly fishes, at least as well as I do. Our work commute is about nine minutes door to door and there’s an improved launch along the route. On weekdays from late spring through the end of summer, we can do mini-drifts before and after work.
I could actually drop her off ashore, about 1 ½ - 2 block walk from her office.

Siege,

I’m looking forward to rolling in to town and putting a few faces with the voices we’ve been speaking with.
If you happen to be around when we’re there, introduce yourself :welcomean ….we’ll be pretty hard to miss.

fq13,

Can you imagine that shiny new boat with one of those long shafted duck bog motors on it.
So you’re telling me that come duck season around here. I’m going to have to keep a sharp eye on the boat and the locals? Good tip, keep ‘em comin’!
Knew there had to be a better reason for clearing a new space for her in the garage this afternoon, in the 95 degree heat.;)

TT