Heads Up, Guys!!

Auntie Em

Reaction score
newtyer1/bamboo1/?? is at it again. Not on here, but on the Classic site, and who knows where else. Please be aware ... until someone who has been taken will stand up and file charges, he will continue to take advantage of good hearted, well meaning people.

fq13

Reaction score
newtyer1/bamboo1/?? is at it again. Not on here, but on the Classic site, and who knows where else. Please be aware ... until someone who has been taken will stand up and file charges, he will continue to take advantage of good hearted, well meaning people.
Do I even want to ask who this guy is?

jaybo41

Reaction score
If you buy or sell fishing tackle from classifieds sections of fishing forums you may want to ask. Google "Newtyer1 Scott Martin" and read the hits you get if you have a couple of hours to spare.

Auntie Em--thanks for the heads up. I can't believe the guy still has the gall to post on a forum given all that he's done.

Auntie Em

Reaction score
He goes by the names of newtyer1 or bamboo1, or who knows what else. MO is the same. Sob stories out the wazoo. His name is actually Scott Martin, and he'll take advantage of you coming and going. He's been banned here, and on at least 6 other sites ... but ... he always resurfaces somewhere.
And he has again.

williamhj

Reaction score
The crazy thing is that he hasn't tried hiding who he is. He switched to Bamboo1 but the story is the same, gives his name, etc etc. Haven't seen him ask for favors there but who knows what he does through PM. Someone did call him out on the classic rod site, hopefully that helped. Thanks for posting this. We all need to keep our eyes open for him. Folks like him are taking advantage of the trust and good-will many of us enjoy on these kinds of sites.

shotgunfly

Reaction score
Interesting this guy Scott Martin is hailing from Staunton VA, my stopping grounds (well at least 20 min) away.

I wonder if I should seek him out and get his story?

Worth it?

C

rickf

Reaction score
On another fly fishing forum (3 years ago), this guy had a sob story and everyone rallied and took up donations for him to see his kids! I think it was $2000 that was raised. Most gave twenty bucks or so. Everybody was so happy that they helped a fly fisherman who was down and out! LOL

He came back a month later and tried to sell a $750 Orvis gift certificate for $500! All fake ....... they kicked him off the site. Nobody wanted to sue him? Most said "you can keep the 20 bucks if you never come back here again"

troutnut4

Reaction score
Interesting this guy Scott Martin is hailing from Staunton VA, my stopping grounds (well at least 20 min) away.

I wonder if I should seek him out and get his story?

Worth it?

C
likely he is a punk coward, but I'd take a friend with me.
Absolutely not. That's not what this forum is about. This kind of conversation casts a dark shadow on the members here. Keep in mind more than just members follow this forum. Take this kind outside of the forum. The only way to deal with this individual as mentioned many times is through the legal system by someone that has been bitten by this rat. Now he is gone under again and will be harder to find. JMHO. :(

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Absolutely not. That's not what this forum is about. This kind of conversation casts a dark shadow on the members here. Keep in mind more than just members follow this forum. Take this kind outside of the forum. The only way to deal with this individual as mentioned many times is through the legal system by someone that has been bitten by this rat. Now he is gone under again and will be harder to find. JMHO. :(
We 'Agree to disagree.' This Guys a 'parasite' that prays (bad pun intended) on honest people. I've made many buys, a few sales, here and never a miss. One bit of 'disappointment' but that was a $60.00 buy.

Trust is everything.

fae

silver creek

Reaction score
He is the latest version of "Wenzel," named after Charlie Wenzel who tried to scam a buyer of Truck parts on Pirate4x4.

Definition of being Wenzeled:

Urban Dictionary: wenzeled

What an appropriate name since "Bamboozled" is already in the dictionary.

bamboozled - definition of bamboozled by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Google Charlie Wenzel and see what happens.

Reportedly, the story of Charlie Wenzel and what he did has been the point of discussion in classes about ethics.

http://www.socialnomics.net/2011/09/27/what-goes-around-comes-around…and-stays-around/

Charlie Wenzel: A Study in Arrogance and Stupidity

"wenzeled".. the sad story of internet scammer Charlie Wenzel - RedFlagDeals.com Forums

Now Google "Newtyer1"

No wonder he changed to Bamboo1