The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By theboz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2013, 06:26 PM

siege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud of
Default Suprise !

We went to a beautiful creek this morning. I hadn't been there in years, but since my sons are really getting into flyfishing, we gave it a try.
The water was cold and clear, there was a nice flow to it, and we caught fish. A lot of fish.
The suprise ?
All I had ever caught there before were nice little 12 to 18" rainbows. Today ? Not a single trout. The creek was infested with tiny smallmouths. We waded 4 hours, caught dozens of them. Fearless, voracious feeders, my first cast caught a bass that was almost the same size as my #10 wooly bugger. We hit some bigger ones, too. It was fun, but I'd like my bo's back
Old 08-17-2013, 07:26 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Suprise !

Haha' you must have been on the sister creek to the one I was on today ! Usually some nice little natives and some holdover stockers . Today was mini Smallie day! All on streamers , swinging and I swear one of them was the size of the Black Nose Dace I wad swinging . Still a lot of fun and plenty of wildlife beavers and even a quick glimpse of a Black Bear!
Really the only down moment was when I was leaving ran into a nice family vacationing from France and the father seeing my gear got excited explaining he was a fly fisher! I believe he said Mosch Angler but not positive ! Then in his best broken English he proceeded to tell me what I already knew that France and Czechoslovakia were winning the World Fly Fishing Championship in Norway and that the U.S. was pretty much out of it! Nice guy but he could have kept that to himself! Haha! And I wasn't about to tell him that although I got alot of SMBs the biggest was maybe 6 inches!
siege likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 08-17-2013, 10:14 PM

siege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud ofsiege has much to be proud of
Default Re: Suprise !

We saw some wildlife and an amazing vatiety of butterflies, and the little periwinkle blue ones were so thick on the ground that they looked like a carpet. It was a good day to be out.
I'm afraid I would have told your " new friend " about all the 5 # browns that were caught and released there all day.
He who laughs last, laughs best