The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 02:16 AM

rickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nicerickf is just really nice
Default My float tube is still going strong!

Seven months ago, I purchased a Scadden Outlaw Escape for a Christmas present for myself!

I'm a single guy who was lucky with business, so I took a early retirement! And fly fishing is my passion in life.

I've used that pontoon / float tube almost every day since I got it. Too many fish to count? LOL

I keep it inflated all the time and put it on my car roof. A generic roof rack and three bungi cords. On and off in 30 seconds! That toon / tube is so well constructed, it just doesn't lose any air at all!! Best money I ever spent!

Anybody else have a Scadden thing? I think Joni does? I love the Dave Scadden pontoons!

Old 08-18-2013, 02:26 AM

innes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to beholdinnes is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: My float tube is still going strong!

I don't have a Scadden thing yet but may add one to my arsenal. I'm getting ready to retire and am building my fly fishing arsenal. Perhaps tandem if they have one. vr
Old 08-18-2013, 07:13 AM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: My float tube is still going strong!

Hi Rick,

Thatís awesome, it looks like a wonderful fishing craft and Iíll bet itíll go many, many more years. If I was looking for a new inflatable, Scaddenís would be right up there.

My wife and I have two of the earliest Buckís Bullets to have rolled off the line in Idaho. After 21 years of flawless use, I sent mine back up and they replaced the primary valve on the poly urethane bladder with a new version. That was a couple of years ago and other than fabric color fading some over the years, she still looks and rides like she should.
Which really isnít saying that much, because on rare occasionís Iíve come across the same groovin' old dude fishing the east slope pass lakes with one of those old Del Canty round tubes that predates my Bullet by a good long stretch.

Over two decades ago when I purchased them, they seemed pricey. Well they were, when compared to what was available at the time, but in reality theyíve cost around $14.00 per year to own. Thatís something for someone looking to buy their first inflatable to keep in mind. If they last, they cost next to nothing to own.

Admittedly, I havenít used mine everyday for over twenty years, but it is amazing how well some inflatable fishing craft perform, if used and then cared for. Because of the 2,000 t0 7,000 foot elevation changes often involved in a days outing, we donít have a choice about backing off the air pressure to about 25% during transport. Theyíve never been stored in our garage, to keep them from long term exposure to extreme heat and cold. But theyíve been fished through falling snow and blazing 100 degree plus temps.

Iíve got to fly - on my to Idaho this morning to pick up our new drift boat. See, it never stops.

Hereís to many more years of great fishing in your Scadden, TT