The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 07:43 AM

nir has a spectacular aura aboutnir has a spectacular aura aboutnir has a spectacular aura about
Default Just a little intro!

You don't walk into someones home without introducing yourself right?

So here I am, just want to introduce myself to the community, my name is Nicholas, people call me Nick and YES, I am a fly fishing addict!

Story goes like this, I live near Ottawa, Canada... Went to visit my brother in Calgary in april of this year, he brought me fly fishing on the bow river and my spinning rods have been collecting dust ever since.

I mostly do warmwater fishing around, I love when bass jump on topwater lures, I live to see that take!!

I hope I can participate here and take advantage of everyones knowledge on trout fishing... Doing a trip in September in Yosemite and I hope I can master a bit of knowledge on trout fishing before.

Cheers,
Nick

A few pics so you can put a face to my name:

First fish on the fly ever

Click the image to open in full size.

This was caught on a popper from my kayak

Personnal best SMB

Lifer Brown trout (or like my brother would say: the one that got my brownginity)

Old 08-20-2013, 09:22 AM

nick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of lightnick k is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Just a little intro!

It's about time we got another Nick around here.

Kinda look like me a little too....
Old 08-20-2013, 09:35 AM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

Welcome Nick. There are a few of us Canucknuckleheads around these parts. Always room for more.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:42 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

to the forum Nick, good to have you posting with us.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nir View Post
You don't walk into someones home without introducing yourself right?
You're right....so to the forum Nick
Old 08-20-2013, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Nick,

With the fish you're catching it looks as though you're off to a great start with your fly fishing. You'll find that the membership loves to see pictures of where others live & fish and they will answer any question you may ask also.

Welcome to the forum, enjoy the site.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-20-2013, 12:21 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Just a little intro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noreaster View Post
Welcome Nick. There are a few of us Canucknuckleheads around these parts. Always room for more.
Add my welcome from St. Boniface/Bird's Hill, Manitoba and Ocean Falls-BC. Now snuggled in my home in Southern Oregon. Old Yellow Lab is flaked out on the other side of my desk.

All good things.

Fred
Old 08-20-2013, 02:29 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick k View Post
It's about time we got another Nick around here.

Kinda look like me a little too....
Funny thing is there is another Nick from Canada , didgeridoo and he looks like you guys also ! Im glad you all have diffrent screen names! Welcome to the forum!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 08-20-2013, 08:07 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Some cracking looking fish there, you're doing really well. Welcome to the foum
Old 08-20-2013, 09:09 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Nick: Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the great looking fish, looking forward to your participation and best of luck with the upcoming Yosemite trip!

Larry