The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree20Likes
  • 11 Post By Eddie O'Neill
  • 2 Post By trouton
  • 2 Post By Eddie O'Neill
  • 1 Post By Flyfisher for men
  • 1 Post By jaybo41
  • 1 Post By turbineblade
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels
  • 1 Post By mcnerney

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 07:43 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold
Default My fishing partner today

And he knows a hell of a lot more about fishing than me

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:10 PM

trouton has a spectacular aura abouttrouton has a spectacular aura abouttrouton has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: My fishing partner today

How did he do? Who caught the most fish?

Roger
Hardyreels and yonder like this.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:16 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Actually in the time he was there, I did But I'm sure he was taking it easy
Hardyreels and yonder like this.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:24 PM

Flyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of lightFlyfisher for men is a glorious beacon of light

Herons are ultra-cool in my book!
mcnerney likes this.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:43 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta love it when you see wildlife while fishing. Pretty cool picture Eddie
Eddie O'Neill likes this.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:52 PM

brucerducer will become famous soon enoughbrucerducer will become famous soon enough

Eddie: I wonder if you should cast in the direction he is looking?

Seriously!
Old 08-23-2013, 07:55 PM

turbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really niceturbineblade is just really nice

Awesome -- I'm a birder long before I was into fly fishing so I can appreciate this .

I've often had osprey dive into my backyard creek for fish, which is amazing to a lot of people since I'm only 3 miles outside of downtown D.C. Green and Great Blue Herons are common as well.

They usually outfish me.

Check out this one if you haven't seen it -- cute and very witty green heron:

quijibo likes this.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:13 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

Eddie, very cool!

A couple of years ago, while on vacation on Pawley's Island in South Carolina, we had an Egret as a fishing buddy. We were using various baitfish that we caught in a cast net. We would gather the bait from shore & that Egret would come around & often was within a few feet of us looking for a meal. I guess it had gotten used to hand outs from folks in the area, as it didn't seem to mind being that close to us. Of course we obliged with a few of the baitfish we caught.

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 08-23-2013, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Eddie,

I saw this when you first posted and it took a while for me to get around to a comment. I don't know that I ever fished anywhere where there weren't Herons - King Fisher's - Eagles - Osprey or Otters. Those guys are the pro's and where they are, the fish are.

Throughout June my wife and I were dropping all our pike across a creek from an eagle's nest that had to babies being raised in it by the adults. Our lake is a 'terminal fishery' for pike. They are killed not released because they are an invasive species there. After a few trips, when I would drive the boat up that creek, the adult eagle's would come on the double and sit in the tree above their nest watching intently as I would deposit half a dozen pike on the opposite shore. Pretty cool, they were using them fast as we could deliver.

Anyway, neat picture,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-23-2013, 10:32 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Eddie: Great photo, I love those Blue Herons. One time while fishing the Green below Flaming Gorge I had one land right next to me, maybe 15 ft away. He just stood there watching the river and me fishing, it was a pretty fantastic experience, just a beautiful bird.

Larry