The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 09:31 PM

duker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really nice
Default Re: Do you use a Lanyard?

My lanyard is a 2 foot piece of paracord attached to the biggest snap swivel I could find. The only thing I have on it is my nippers. I wear a multitool in a sheath on my wader belt, carry a fly box and a couple of spools of tippet in my waders, and any extras in my shirt/jacket pockets. I've never liked vests or pouches. Light and simple is the way to go.

Scott
Old 08-27-2013, 06:30 AM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold

Not a fan of lanyards. I don't like having things hanging around my neck - I don't even wear a necklace.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:37 PM

markg52 will become famous soon enough

I got a Morningstar as a Christmas gift a few years ago. I feel lost without it now. I primarily use a waist pack so it is handy to have nippers, hemos, etc. all right there.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:25 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

I fish with a lanyard and i like it.I clip it to my waders or shirt to keep it from swinging.The only advise is a cheap one if you don't like it then no harm no foul.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:07 AM

lotech_joe has a spectacular aura aboutlotech_joe has a spectacular aura about

I have been known to use a lanyard and they're OK if you keep them fastened down to your shirt or jacket. But I've always preferred a vest. Now days I use a 12' jon boat with a tackle bag. I keep nippers on a zinger attached to the bag, and hemostats clipped to my shirt.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by duker View Post
My lanyard is a 2 foot piece of paracord attached to the biggest snap swivel I could find. The only thing I have on it is my nippers. I wear a multitool in a sheath on my wader belt, carry a fly box and a couple of spools of tippet in my waders, and any extras in my shirt/jacket pockets. I've never liked vests or pouches. Light and simple is the way to go.

Scott
That's how I carry my nippers too! After having way too many zingers come unpinned and losing the expensive nippers that were attached, I began using a pair of the 'Fisherman's Clippers' which even have the little hook disgorger on them and have not lost them since they came on line in 2003. Pretty good longevity actually, ten years............. I went through (lost) nippers about once a year prior to getting these

Now I have an all weather Mil-Spec phone that I keep on a lanyard and wear it while wading. I'm not a phone call on the river guy but some locations have cell coverage and because of business calls and a responsibility for safety of others I must have comm. ability.......... I got used to the thing quickly

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;