The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2013, 04:56 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold
Default Another new arrival

Hello.

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say howdy It looks like you guys a have a nice lively thing going on here!

My name is Jay and I think I mayve been born with a flyrod in my hand. I grew up in the PNW but have been in Wisconsin for the past 2 years. My addiction to this sport has taken me to many wonderful locations and my hands have dripped with quite a few beauties. From bluegill to steelhead to tarpon to marlin, it's all the same to me. I dont have to set my alarm to get up early if you know what I mean.
Photography is another passion that sometimes trumps fishing. I LOVE walking the woods during the spring bird migration and losing myself in the shutter.
My third obsession is wood working. I have recently launched a small business combining two of my favorite things on earth. Its called Flygrain.com Beautiful wood is every bit as lovely as wild trout in my eyes.
anyway... enough rambling...
I hope I can learn a few things from some of you and contribute where I can.

Jay Spencer
mridenour likes this.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:05 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all
Default Re: Another new arrival

Hi, looking forward to seeing some photos of your tarpon, trout, muskie, or anything else you've caught.

C
jbird likes this.

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com
Old 08-22-2013, 05:26 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the forum Jay, enjoy
jbird likes this.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:11 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum jbird, great to have you aboard.
jbird likes this.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:26 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Jay: Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures.

Larry
jaybo41 and jbird like this.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:42 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Jay,

You have entered with a group of people who share your passion when you registered with us. Our members are spread across the world reaching as far as Turkey and South Africa. Your posts will be read with interest and as you snoop around the web site you'll find a very wide range of topics and personalities in the forums and threads which we hope you will enjoy.

Welcome to the forum,

Ard
jaybo41 and jbird like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-23-2013, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Jay
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird View Post
I think I mayve been born with a flyrod in my hand
What did the doc say?
fredaevans and jbird like this.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:24 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Another new arrival

Posted this up 'elsewhere' but the fellow is a 'machine' when it comes to the use of a single hander fly rod.

Rogue River Steelhead cringed in fear!

Fred
jbird likes this.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:48 AM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of
Thumbs up Re: Another new arrival

Welcome to the forum! I looked at your fly boxes on your website. Those are beautiful works of art. I would expect that you're sure to find some customers on this forum who appreciate that kind of workmanship. Those boxes would make great gifts for fly fishers.

Good luck with your business, and I look forward to reading your posts.

Cheers,

-VB
jbird likes this.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:01 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Welcome to the forum!
jbird likes this.