The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 10:15 AM

caberguy will become famous soon enoughcaberguy will become famous soon enough
Default Change in classified rules?

I tried to post a WTB in classifieds, but it wouldn't let me. Ard's sticky says you have to have a minimum of 20 posts to start a thread, but when I tried it said I had to have a minimum of 100. Other users with less posts than me have started threads there recently... has there been a recent policy change?
Old 08-23-2013, 10:21 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change in classified rules?

The rule used to be 20 posts before you could sell an item on the forum, but we were having too many people coming on, running up 20 posts in a day or two for the sole purpose of advertising the item they wanted to sell. That in itself wasn't too bad, but then we had a few deadbeats that took the money from the buyer and didn't send the goods and quickly disappeared. The forum's primary purpose is to provide a place to discuss fly fishing, not to become another EBay or Craigslist, so we changed the rule to 100 posts to discourage the people that just want to come here and sell something.
If your looking to buy something, just create a post in the General Discussion area.

Edit: I went in and edited the posts by Ard and Frank to read a minimum of 100 posts, sorry for the confusion.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:24 AM

caberguy will become famous soon enoughcaberguy will become famous soon enough

Roger that. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I checked it too (the sticky) and found that there was still a 20 post reference and I removed it also.

Sorry for the confusion,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;