The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 11:20 PM

rogue runner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: fly line question

I really appreciate the suggestions and advice thus far. I'm somewhat limited on local options. In fact I checked all of them today and only found two.

The rod I am pairing this line with is a two piece 9' lamiglas g1000 . I generally fish about 60% out of a drift boat and 40% from the bank. As I said most of the runs I fish are fast and shallow. Six foot is deep, two to four is average. With the exception of some deeper holes. And probably averages 150'+ wide. For the most part I fish weighted nymphs,wets and egg patterns under an indicator (usually a thingamabobber) although I have been playing with drys without much luck (different rod though)
And depending on the time of year I'm targeting steelhead or salmon.

And as for ability, I am a self taught fly fisherman. I can afford a decent line but would prefer to only buy one. And I am hoping to figure this out soon because my section of the river changes to fly only next Saturday. Which by the way marks my one year anniversary fly fishing

Thankyou!

Meep....Meep.

Last edited by rogue runner; 08-25-2013 at 01:29 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:30 PM

rogue runner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: fly line question

Well thanks again for all the input, but it seems that now I have allot more time for research and contemplation.

As is typical of my luck, I have been keeping up with the thread on fly tying rooms. And having a little time on my hands decided I need to clean up my
fly tying / reloading cave. Sooo my wife comes out to visit and being so impressed with the cleanliness and organization says " you need some mini blinds for the windows". She promptly went to town and returned with some.
I start to install the blinds in the window in the corner when it slips out of my hands. I look down and.

MY GOSH DANGED JUST BACK FROM LAMIGLAS FOR HAVING A NEW TIP BUILT ROD, IS IN THE SAME CORNER AND GUESS WHAT!!!!! IT HAS A BROKEN TIP!!!

Ahh I feel better for letting that out, sorry you had to hear it. So it is headed back to the factory in the morning. At least I have a backup.

Thanks again for your help.

Meep....Meep.