The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree53Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to all
Default Re: Allen Fly Fishing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amertens View Post
If I order a reel + free spool on special, you're going to wait two weeks to put the order together because of high volume, but if I ordered the same reel and the spool at full price it would ship out the next day?
That is correct. Our very small warehouse staff (one full time and one part time) gives priority to full price purchases, and sends out any other purchases with this notice after all others are sent. This is the most efficient way for our warehouse to operate and serve every customer as best we can.
Old 08-25-2013, 05:24 PM

jwide is on a distinguished road

I ordered a Trout ll reel with the free spool on a Sunday evening and even exchanged emails at the same time to clarify an order question. I received my goods on Monday 1 week later. I am impressed by their customer service and thrilled with the reel/spool. I feel certain they will do all that is necessary to make you a satisfied customer. I know I am.

Jim
Old 08-25-2013, 05:30 PM
Business Member

allenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to allallenflyfishing is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben664 View Post

I order like 5 or 6 time a year at Allen store (reel, hooks) and never had a problem. Maybe Justin took holidays, but one thing is right on Allen website: they have little choice lately
Hi Ben, We are moving some products to the USA like the Xa rod here soon so that makes things look a bit slim waiting for new stock. We just chose to use late Aug and Sept for the change over before the holiday season kicks in. We have several new exciting products being released in the next 30-60 days both here and in Europe. If you'd like to know more on the gear. Please feel free to call anytime. I'd love to update you on some the products. 574-855-7100

Thanks

Justin
ben664 likes this.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:50 PM

enolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really niceenolaeagle is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by amertens View Post
Post deleted.
Looks like quite a few deleted posts here. I thought I'd chime in since some of the response from Justin presents that there's been some unhappy customers...

I too, was unhappy for a couple hours but with an open mind I will say that sometimes "getting off on the wrong foot" can be a good thing. I had a minor issue with an order and was confused by some things on the site in which I ordered a DOTW and didn't do it right so I was receiving the wrong stuff. After quite a few back and forth emails I had canceled the order and was undecided on re-placing the order.

Justin reached out to me and we spoke over the phone twice to get things straightened out and that we did. I would say that it was a great experience for me because aside from fishing we started chatting about other things, including the fact that we are both business owners so there's alot of common ground. 40 minutes later, we talked about meeting at the March trade show near my town so that is something that I'll definitely do.

Being a business owner, I can detect BS 50 miles away so I didn't feel like spending the time to chat was any kind of consolation effort to grab my wallet. Let's face it, 95% of companies in the world today do not have owners that are willing to spend the time for a phone call to a client nor want to so I'll leave this as a great review for someone just being a regular guy like all of us here.

I placed my order again and Justin had it over-nighted to me. The trout 2 reel is a nice design! I also ordered an xa-10ft-6w and it's killer. The kraken reel is on backorder because of their high volume of orders but I was assured that I would receive it in a timely manner. I'm fine with that

Relax people
eastfly66 likes this.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 08-27-2013, 11:35 PM

amertens is on a distinguished road

I deleted my post because after all said and done and re reading through everything, they seemed very negative. I didn't want to give Allen a bad rap, that was never my intention. I ordered in haste and did not fully understand the deal of the week I had gotten into, my fault entirely. After a failed phone call I decided to ask a few questions on the forum. Again, no harm intended, even if it seemed that way. Justin promptly got ahold of me and tried to straighten everything out. They were super nice to me and extremely helpful but I couldn't get past a little pet peeve of mine and cancelled my order. So basically I'm a stubborn *******. Sorry Allen and Justin.

All that said, I do believe if you give them a call they will try to make you and keep you a happy customer.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:51 AM

dakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura aboutdakotakid has a spectacular aura about

Received my reel, haven't had a chance to fish with it yet, but am very excited about it. Delivery was a few days longer than I hoped, but think it was well worth the wait.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:14 AM

nick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nicenick k is just really nice

As Justin mentioned, the Allen company is a small operation, with just a few core business members. It is completely reasonable that they do not carry huge stock, and that deliveries may take slightly longer than you'd find at larger retailers that can afford to hold larger inventories and have more staff on hand to fill orders and ship quickly.

I think some people purchase from Allen without fully understanding that small business work differently than big business, and that there are pros and cons to buying from both.

This all being said, I think that Allen does an incredible job of servicing their customers in a timely manor with their limited staff.
mridenour and eastfly66 like this.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:33 AM

nir will become famous soon enoughnir will become famous soon enough

Allen fly fishing products look really nice and it is a hard task to find even just one negative review! Kudos to them for bringing affordable quality products to the market! That is something the fly fishing hobby/sport needs in my opinion. (plus their stuff looks so good! hehe)

One thing that I think they could add to their already great company is a ship date estimate when you buy from their website. When the client has a date, whether it's two weeks from now or tomorrow, it settles you on when you'll receive your gear.

I ordered a Trout II reel last wednesday (21st) and haven't had any news yet. When I ordered, it said allow 2 weeks for shipping. I thought this meant I would receive the reel in maybe two weeks... Seeing that it hasn't shipped yet, I doubt it will be here by next wednesday. Now I understand that it meant allow 2 weeks for the item to ship... Maybe I didn't understand well, after all english is my second language. I don't mind the wait, but it's always nice when you have an estimate... You know how this works! I have a brand new rod and fly line that is only waiting for this reel to be tested... Patience is not always an easy virtue! hehe

But again, that is minor! Continue your great work Justin and crew! I can't wait to test that reel and those fly hooks and spread the word here in Canada!
Old 09-09-2013, 10:22 AM

nir will become famous soon enoughnir will become famous soon enough

Anyone else have orders on hold with Allen FF?

I am just about to go buy another reel at the local shop, because my new tfo bvk 6wt is just waiting for a reel to replace my 17$ cheapo scientific angler....

I ordered a trout II reel (deal of the week with a bunch of flies) on Aug 21st hoping to receive it by this coming thursday (trip planned with my brother that lands in Ottawa from Calgary on friday morning) and it still hasn't shipped (12 business days, 19 days later)...

Also, no answer on my sept 5 e-mail... It would be nice just to have an update on what is going on...
Old 09-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Business Member

nir, I'm down at my warehouse sitting accross from Kyle and we are looking for an email sent on the 5th that was not replied to. It's pretty rare that we don't get back to someone. Every now and then we do get emails going to our spam folder. When I travel I only take my iPad and I can't view spam emails on it.

Also, on the DOTW that you purchased we stated on the website "Please allow up to 2 weeks, business days to delivery" we are still within that. Since I can not find an email from you. I have no way of knowing who you are. Please email me at info@allenflyfishing.com or PM me here and we will pay the extra expense to have the reel expressed today for you, if not already shipped. As we are shipping all sale reels today/tomorrow to stay within our as promised 2 week delivery.

Also, on post #13 I did leave my personal cell number. Please feel free to call that number anytime. If I'm awake I'm working.

Thank you,

Justin