The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 11:46 AM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all
Default Re: Uh-oh...a new Abel reel

Quote:
Originally Posted by caberguy View Post
Yes, Ard, yes it would. But my biases are showing.

I will say that if they come out with a Space your Face one next I might start selling some stuff off to pick one up. Shotgun, you're a graphic designer, you should take a crack at it, maybe start a cottage industry of "lot reels" to go with all the "lot shirts," wadda you think?

And it goes without saying that the earth should be the drag adjustment... right?
I have to agree with Ard that my saracione won't look good with a steal your face, but it has it's own beauty.

I got that reel because I love the look of it. And being who I am at my core/profession I'm a sucker for really nice looking things (is my wife listening?)....

To each his own...

Wendy asked me if I was that big of a dead head. Well, I'm no hippy. But when I heard the news that Jerry died, I was cleaning pools at the time my jr year of college, I actually felt SAD.

To this day I still listen to his jams, mostly the stuff side projects with Grisman, Peter Rowan and even some Merl Saunders stuff.

Will I be getting a Jerry/Dead tattoo? Heck no, I got the REEL!
milt spawn likes this.

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com