The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 08:57 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future
Default Uh-oh...a new Abel reel

Have you guys seen this?
Check Out Abel's "Steal Your Face" Grateful Dead Fly Reel | Field & Stream
milt spawn and jaybo41 like this.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:09 AM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Uh-oh...a new Abel reel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
I'd love to have one, and I'm an Abel nut and have a couple of custom finishes. But I simply can't justify that cost - and I've tried to rationalize it a couple of times.

Cheers,
Mike.
jaybo41 likes this.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:02 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

+1. I'd love to own it being a fan of the GD but that's a little steep. And there's a pretty cool DeYoung print too.
comeonavs likes this.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:07 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

At first, I was thinking "Oh. $300 bucks isn't bad at all." Then I read it again and realized it said $300 over standard pricing and instantly put my credit card away.

They could at least throw in a free set of nippers as a token of appreciation for the butt raping they just gave you.
Old 08-26-2013, 11:45 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookfieldangler View Post
At first, I was thinking "Oh. $300 bucks isn't bad at all." Then I read it again and realized it said $300 over standard pricing and instantly put my credit card away.

They could at least throw in a free set of nippers as a token of appreciation for the butt raping they just gave you.
Or a free roach clip...er I mean, hemostat for...ya know...
Old 08-26-2013, 12:17 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

That would be rather fitting
Old 08-26-2013, 09:13 PM

stlskyline will become famous soon enough

Just what I need, to get searched by all law enforcement while on the water. It would kill the buzz and paranoia would kick in. Not cool. Unless I'm in Colorado
dean_mt likes this.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:23 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty cool looking reel, but way over my budget!

Larry

Old 08-26-2013, 09:39 PM

cptxkirk will become famous soon enoughcptxkirk will become famous soon enough

The grateful dead one is cool but I just put my order in for the 25th anniversary DeYoung reel!
shotgunfly likes this.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:55 AM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about

Strongly considering selling my Tibor Everglades to help fund a new 7/8 in SYF...