The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By CutThroat Leaders
  • 3 Post By CutThroat Leaders
  • 1 Post By CutThroat Leaders

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold
Default more great reviews / testimonials

We receive so many of these emails on a weekly basis, I figured it was time to start showing some of them. NAFFF Members use coupon code FFF to save $$$

Mike
Just wanted to send a note of thanks and acknowledge your excellent product. I took a dry fly leader and the Czech leader out on the Middle Fork of the Willamette this past weekend and had great success. The presentations afforded by the dry fly leader were ideal again and again. Also, on Saturday afternoon I had the best run of nymphing I've ever had. The high-viz indicator in concert with the control of the line overall brought (big!) cutties and rainbow to my hand over and over. The only thing that held me back was the number of flies that I lost on the rocks! I can't wait to try them on some rivers your way in a few weeks. Going to be on the South Fork of the Boise and the Owyhee first weekend in October. Can't believe I waited this long to try a furled leader. I've been telling everyone I fish with about them the last few days...
Anyway, thanks again and keep up the great work.

-Jim K.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 08-28-2013, 05:47 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: more great reviews / testimonials

Hello Michael:

I got the leaders in the mail earlier in the week and got a chance to try one out today. There aren't many places to fish near my house, but there's one that has a pretty healthy population of wild brown trout. It's truly a gem. Anyway, I am under the impression that you are making these leaders and so I thought you should know that so far I really like fishing them.

I arrived to the creek this morning, switched my leader out for the cutthroat leader, added a small piece of 5x and then another segment of 6x all and all about ~16 inches of tippit material. I added a fly, and followed the directions on the packaging material regarding adding the floatant. I even laughed when I read "now you're ready to catch."

All in all I got about a dozen wild browns on a creek that is notorious for selective fish (a very good day). I really liked the leader and found that the smaller tippit on the end of a visible leader made it easier for me to pick up my fly on presentations where I would have otherwise had to lift and re-cast. On more than one occasion it helped me pick up my fly almost immediately before the strike, and I want to say I used it as an indicator for a strike on a dry at least once. It's too early to say I'll never go back to mono, but it'll be a hard sell.

I've attached a picture of one of the fish I caught. It's not huge or anything, but it's a nice fish for the water.

Best wishes,

Joe
Philadelphia, PA

Click the image to open in full size.

Mike
Old 09-19-2013, 12:18 PM
Business Member

Default Re: more great reviews / testimonials

Hello Mike,

My name is Dan P. I was introduced to your leaders last year by a friend and used them on a trip to yellowstone and Colorado. I have since used the same dry and nymph leaders multiple trips. I used the dry leader (med. wt., tippet ring, 76") on this trip and landed some great fish. The trip last year to Yellowstone I landed my largest rainbows at 21" and 23" on the (nymph leader, med. wt.,tippet ring, 50" hi-vis) and a 16" cutthroat on the dry leader. Your leaders are fantastic and an essential tool to any fly fisherman!

Tight Lines,
Dan P.
mridenour likes this.

Mike