The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > General Fly Fishing Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussions regarding fly fishing as a whole. Ask questions. Get answers...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2008, 07:58 PM

Quinnie is on a distinguished road
Default New Guy

Hi,

I just registered on the forum and wanted to introduce myself! I just started into fly fishing last season, and caught my first trout a 14 inch brown and a black ant. All I can say this immediately hooked me on fly fishing, and I want to learn all I can! I am very fortunate to have a beautiful stream which runs through my property here in N.Y., and while it has not been stocked since 1960's it continues to produce beautiful native browns. By not being on the stocking list this stream garners little pressure which makes it even more interesting. I am looking forward to getting to know you all, and especially looking forward to picking your brains for information.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:07 PM

ezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: New Guy

i'm so envious of your personal stream.... have a ton of fun! if you ever need a housesitter for a summer or fall season, think of me...

eric
fresno, ca.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:16 PM

Ha Ha! Thanks for the offer..tell you what maybe we can arrange that deal if I can switch houses with you during the winter! All kidding aside it is pretty cool, and one of the reasons my wife was able to talk me into moving. In fact I caught trout less than a hundred yards form my front door last year....saves on gas!
Old 02-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Quinnie,
Pick, pick, pick away.....welcome to the land of the crazies. as you have already found out it is very contagious!

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 02-09-2008, 08:21 PM

Thanks I have fished all my life catching fish of all kinds and sizes, but one fourteen inch trout on a 7' 3" 3/4 fly rod has changed me....and impacted...my wallet! Only kidding..kind of!
Old 02-09-2008, 08:28 PM

tbrillinger223 is on a distinguished road

Hey Quinnie,

Welcome to the asylum. looking forward to your questions and input to the forum.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:32 PM

GeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to beholdGeorgeMcFly is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to GeorgeMcFly Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeMcFly

welcome new guy! lucky you to have a stream so close! glad ya caught the addiction. have fun in the forum! ask us any questions ya need to know. everyone is very helpful here.

owner of the GL Fishing Forum.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:34 PM

Thanks for the welcome, and I am sure some of my questions will show I am certifiable for the asylum!
Old 02-09-2008, 08:38 PM

Thanks! I have been reading the forum for a week or so, and made up my mind to register this evening! There is a lot of knowledgeable fisherman here and I have a lot to learn!
Old 02-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome, and hope to hear more of your adventures plus feel free to put some pictures with it to really make us jealous.